Fridge Slide,daamaged.

optic

Got home and leaning up against the wall was the new fridge slide.

Get it out of the box only to find that the finger release has been broken off.

Rang the dealer and he says send me pics, then rang paypal and said do an advanced action now.

Which they have.

Spot on Joe.

I think at my front door when it was dropped. Thats the corner that was on the paving.

Bloody p!ssed off.

I used a trolly to move it, so if it was carried i can understand him loosing it on the way down.

Ill use it as a template for what i want to do.

Major work to take place with that frame as the base.

On the bright side i scored a sheet of SS today free which ill use for the internal water tank.

Well not quite free, had to weld up this bloody big Ally framed tile cutter.

I hate that stinking stuff, about as good as Gall.

Spot on Joe.

I think at my front door when it was dropped. Thats the corner that was on the paving.

Bloody p!ssed off.

I used a trolly to move it, so if it was carried i can understand him loosing it on the way down.

Ill use it as a template for what i want to do.

Major work to take place with that frame as the base.

On the bright side i scored a sheet of SS today free which ill use for the internal water tank.

Well not quite free, had to weld up this bloody big Ally framed tile cutter.

I hate that stinking stuff, about as good as Gall.

I'd rather the aluminium over the 12 metre long duragal gate I am building at the moment

The slide is all sorted.

Gotta love Paypal, comes with insurance. And the do something about the problem.

A new one arrives tomorrow, they even let me change the size of it, from a 60 to a 50.

Same money. I have found this lot easy to deal with, but paypal stepped up to the plate straight away and got action.

The 60 does get the wobbles up unloaded and needs extra space for the Handle.

I went for the 60 based on their guidance. Foot plate size is 870 x 530.

My fridge is only 400 x 750.

So the 50 will do fine 810 x 480.

See what happens this time.

It continues.

Yesterday as i drove up the drive 1PM the new one had just arrived.

I ask the driver to take the old one he says no way, i dont have any paper work.

Keep it he says, this lot stuff up all the time and i have a shed full of stuff at home.

So i unpack the new one and check out the finger button and the rest as best i could without installing it.

An hour later the same delivery comp, arrive to pick up the old one.

I go to install the new one today and i find one of the stop bolts is missing.

This is 1 of 2 bolts that stop the fridge when is reaches bottom of stroke.

I ring them again, im asked whats the part number.

I say i dont know as i dont have a parts list in the box. But i did in the other one.

He says has the other one gone yet, i reply yer it has or i would have taken the part i need.

Trying to describe what im after over the phone to a guy telling him where to find the bolt in the assembly book.

Im guessing Chinese stuff again, they just dont get it right at all.

If they do its by luck.

It gets better right now the same guy that took the damaged one back yesterday just called in to pick it up again?

I showed him the receipt and mentioned you gave this to me yesterday.

Im doomed, and people wonder why i get grumpy.

Thanks Duncs and thanks to those that pointed me in the right direction. IE Fridge slide, Shane.

There is a bit more to go on it yet Duncs, its not only the fridge it is the kitchen along with all that goes in the kitchen.

Im yet to ad the pantry, and i think ill also ad a plate and bowel vertical draw on the back of the fridge. If possible.

That will free up the draw space for other things.

Again thanks to those that pointed me in the right direction, it made the build much easier.

And it was a good project that took a few days to do, an enjoyable end so far.

I have now gained back what i would have lost above the fridge in lost storage space.

All governed by the door clearance space available.

The gas struts on the doors make life easier, they work well. Having said that the big door needs a tinkering with.

Only a mechanical improvement.

Thanks again guys.