Motion Camera

Patrick

I have a problem with people comeing onto our place and hunting and taking fuel. I am looking at some cameras to put around the place to get their number plates. The cameras have to be able to work at night with no flash visible to the naked eye. Any suggestions on what to get.

I recently bought this item number 280989912433 off ebay. It's a scoutguard.

I've only had it a few days so I can't say much as to how good it is but what three things that would be good for you are:

It's very small, just bigger than the palm of my hand.

The IR bulbs, as far as I could see, emit no visible light.

The camera makes no noise when it goes off.

It takes both video and photo.

Like I said I only have it a few days so I have damn all to show to you, but here's some day and night footage of my girlfriends dogs, even caught them in the act!

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/sheep_whisperer/?action=view&current=Dinny1.mp4

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/sheep_whisperer/?action=view&current=Dinny2.mp4

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/sheep_whisperer/?action=view&current=Dinny3.mp4

The only photos I have of it are from the inside of my shed watching a rat trap, a mouse has been stealing the bait.

Mouse2.jpg

Mouse1.jpg

The label on the box I received tells me it's a Scoutguard 550-31, Google it for user reviews and such and see if it might suit you, it's not overly expensive in my opinion.

I have rercently purchased 2 trail cams that send pictures via a sim card direct to your phone.

They cost 450 each and work on the telstra NextG network. I have seen some cheaper ones

on ebay that work on 3G.

Even if the crims see your camera you will still have their number plate and faces sent to your

phone or email. If you are close by you may even catch them in the act once your phone has

alerted you.

cheers

I have 2 IR flash cameras that have a RED glow on flash and I wouldn't risk them being seen by your thieves. There is new models that now have BLACK FLASH that's unseen on flash.

http://www.cabelas.com/trail-cameras-accessories-primos-truth-cam-blackout-trail-camera.shtml

A mate on a farm had a problem with this, someone helping themselves to his overhead diesel tank, at night when they weren't home.

Finally in desperation - he drained the diesel into drums and put it in his shed - and filled the O/head diesel tank with water.

Next night on the way home his neighbor up the road broken down on the side of the road - water in his fuel! ;o)

He had to drive past his neighbors house on the road on the way to town, which was how the neighbor used to know when to go steal fuel when he wouldn't be home.

Sometimes the simple solution works best.

Big fire started the next summer on the neighbors place, during harvest, but my mate and his fire truck / light unit, weren't available at the time....to help out. Ya get that sometimes!.

Cheers!

I have rercently purchased 2 trail cams that send pictures via a sim card direct to your phone.

They cost 450 each and work on the telstra NextG network. I have seen some cheaper ones

on ebay that work on 3G.

Even if the crims see your camera you will still have their number plate and faces sent to your

phone or email. If you are close by you may even catch them in the act once your phone has

alerted you.

cheers

hey penguin,

that sounds great mate,

can you please tell me where you got 'em from.

thanks!!

on ebay that work on 3G.

alerted you.

cheers

Hey penguin what telstra plan do you use for your camera. I have purchased one of these and am trying to figure out which plan to use? I'm thinking a prepaid mobile plan?

Cheers