Light Alternatives...

JohnGalway

So can someone reccomend me something for y 204? Out to 300 meters I need to clearly identify a fox or cat as our properties all have lambs ect

Crelant 7G5CS,

http://www.intl-outd...ight-p-554.html

And you can add the collimator lens for extra throw too.

http://www.intl-outd...head-p-432.html

Dereelight Night Master (this is the white LED version of the one in the video above)

http://www.torchworl...products_id=755

The Solarforce Pro-1 when it becomes available again.

Probably the Solarforce Pro-1 - run it with two 18650 batteries for full power. The Night Master will throw further but it has no spill and is all tight spot.

I'm becoming more and more interested in the Crelant now, when compared to the NM 800. Not just on price..

Problem being I haven't seen either in the flesh, or more particularly their respective beams - apart from photos and the bit on YouTube.

My question is does the Crelant with the aspherical head have more spill, or a larger spot/square than the NM800 at similiar ranges, say 100,200, and 300 yards?

My land is cluttered with all sorts, so I can find a fox in my scope, he goes behind something and can literally pop up left, right, lower, or higher up than I've seen him. So I do need either spill or a larger spot/square. Something that will cover my field of view which is roughly 3.7m @ 100y, 8.4m @ 200y, 11.1m @ 300y.

I'm looking to avoid very narrow dots of light in my scope which will aid the fox and not the shooter.

Also, are coloured LED's available for the Crelant? I'm thinking green in particular?

The Crelant with the aspheric head attached is all spot, not flood. No coloured LED options.

All those aspheric lights are all spot, no flood. The Night Master in particular has a very tight spot as it uses the smaller XR-E emitter whereas the Crelant and XSearcher use the XM-L which projects a larger spot. The Solarforce Pro-1 also uses the XR-E but it's a reflector based light so you get a tight, circular spot with some peripheral spill.

I have a Pro-1 and with two batteries you could ID and shoot a fox from one end of a football field to the other.

How long is a football field lol?

I'm like Chrisso, got to have my 300 yards/meters.

So the crelant would have a larger spot than the NM800 at equal ranges due to the emitter size, ok.

Once I can positively ID my fox at 300 by it's body then I can shoot him, then I'm happy.

What I was wondering was would the spit of one fill more of my field of view than another, and it seems the crelant is ahead of the game in that.

The reason I ask is the Optimus LD/ND 50 which I use now has to be adjusted to a tiny pin #### for long range, which would be fine on big open uncluttered fields, but it's a positive liability where I shoot.

Quick question on the Crelant 7G5CS I have on order, the seller has emailed me asking if I was sure I wanted the "Neutral White-T6 3C" LED tint as I picked on their site. The other option is the "Cool White - U2 1A" which they say throws farther. An extremely important part of my hunting is colour definition, I am led to believe (unless I have picked this up wrong) that the Neutral White LED tint will be better on colour definition than the Cool White?

I use LED now, quite a number of different units. I've previously used the Lightforce unit with a battery in my backpack as you have. Lightforce are coming out with a new rifle mounted lighting system. I saw it in the last shooters mag, but I can't find anything online about it yet. Looks nice and small, low profile (hate how easy it is to knock the current lightforce type units) and I think they have an internal battery system.

I've had the ThruNite TN31 out for two nights now (their hot deal was too good to pass up).

As a torch to spot foxes it's outstanding, with a lamp man it'd be great to shoot with too. Can't see it being attached to a rifle, but that's not why I bought it.

More here: http://lampingthenightaway.blogspot.ie/

Well, I've got a Crelant 7g5cs (neutral tint LED) with an additional collimator head coming in the post at the moment for that job. I have agreed a sale for the Optimus laser designator I tried recently as I didn't find it suitable for the terrain locally.

Have to wait and see if the Crelant does the job or not.

Finally my torches turned up.

I got a 7G5.V2 which arrived without the extension tube.

And a XM-LT6.

I put in a claim for the extension tube 2 weeks ago and today a complete torch turns up.

Now i have 2 of them but only 1 extension tube.

Im impressed with the beam, a definite spot that seems to keep a rabbit from moving into the outer ring of light.

To date i have only tested it at around 50 yards, i have no doubts that it will work well beyond that.

Next time im out on a cull ill see how it goes on the rabbits.

An impressive beam surrounded by a halo of light.

Been a good thread guys thanks.