Beretta Hyskor Pistol Safes

tas_wolf

Hi Guys,

Just an FYI to anyone else out there who owns a Beretta HySkor pistol safe, as per an advert in the current Australian shooter mag, they are now non compliant and need an upgrade. I saw the advert and contacted first the place I purchased it, who then directed me to Beretta Australia whom I dealt with directly. In 4 days I had the upgrade parts posted to me free of charge.

Basically now instead of a plastic turn handle there is now a key lock in its place, you need to enter the pin code as normal, then turn the key to open the door.

Apparently a lot of other electronic pin pad safes selling on various popular auction sites and web stores are also affected by non compliant locking systems, although no definitive list is available and one such member of tas police firearms services informed a friend that his safe 'may be non compliant' although the only way to determine that was by means of a destructive test..

Anyway, if you have the HySkor, contact Beretta Australia and get the free upgrade kit!

Cheers.