Digital Video Recorder

Youdy81

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new video camera which I want to be able to use for hunting. Something I can take fox whistling and also to film that monster buck before he swallows a lead pill ;)

Can anyone please tell me what your using, what you like about it, price etc.

It needs to be able to zoom with a reasonable clarity, but not so I can count hairs at 500 metres.....

I have no allegiance to a particular brand, but am budget conscious. Any reasonable considerations will be looked at.

Cheers in advance

Youdy

Mate I have a Sony handy cam model HDR-PJ10E

It's not top of the line by any means but it's records in HD and I love it the cam also has a built in HD projector so you can watch your days recording when you get back to camp or show your mates. The zoom on the cam is 30x optical and 42x extended zoom.when I use it in low light the cam shows up better then you can see. I paid $800 16 months ago but I think you can pick one up for around $600 or less now at JB hi fi. I also picked up a bigger battery off eBay for it that lasts 16 hours recording time and that was $20.

The cam has 16 GB internal memory and what ever size card you put in it.

I hope this helps you out

Haha!

I just bought a Panaconic HC-V100 for some more Fox Whisperer Videos in lite and turns on quick.