Bloody Swags

optic

For 2 years now i have been looking at Swags, to date not found something i like.

I have looked at the cots and swags of all sorts.

I liked the Boab territory, but on inspection it looked nothing like what i seen on line.

It may have been an old model that i looked at.

The cots that i have seen are near enough to plastic, all that does is sweat and drip.

The roof top tent is great if you dont need to use the car and your in one place for a while.

Im after some comfort, quick to erect, and a decent matters in it 70mm HD foam or alike.

BOAB Dome Territory Swag - Single

(no reviews yet)

PLU 325901

325901.jpg

This is what i was after, but what i seen was tapered and bloody yellow in color.

Does any one use one of these Boabs if so what mattress ect?

If you have a cot, what sort is it and does it sag when your in it and what is it made of?

Im not after an open top of any sort, side or front entrance is what i want.

Open tops get you wet getting in and out if its rained or raining and also wets the bedding.

Point me in the right direct PLEASE.

Im all SWAGGED OUT.

Rays Outdoors have the Boab swags listed on their website & the images don't show them tapering to the feet.

Have you looked at the ARB Skydome swags? They seem to be getting a good wrap on another forum.

post-8822-0-90475800-1357696359_thumb.jpg

Im about to get into swag shopping, I have a basic, open ender swag, which has been wikid... unaustralian to not own a swag i says.

I want one with the dome type end an fly screens an all that jazz!

little safehouse so to speak, always wake up with a mozzy bite or two haha!

its like a few things, Ya know ya want a product, but the more you look into it, the more confused you become, because theres wayy more out there than ya thought, each with its perks.

that looks nice, although a little large.

whats the price on that bad boy?

Aussie disposals have those swags mate, a few of my mates use them. They come with a 50mm foam mattress. We like to be comfy so we stick a 4x4 matt in there as well. I have a better sleep than in my bed.

I went and had a look gaf at rays. What i seen was nothing like whats on their site.

So im guessing it was old stock. Ill check the ARB stuff out.

The height is 900mm Whel.

They cost $375.00.

But i wanna see one and compare it to the late model Boab.

Anaconda has a good range of swags as well.

Swags are warm in summer,just like any tent,and require lots of fly screen area in summer if you wish to stay a little cooler.Maybe see if you can find one that has a mesh flap at the foot end as well.My Wild River swag has mesh down to about the waist,and on a hot night,my legs sweat a little bit.

I ve just bought a Kulkyne Swag in the big boy model looks the same as the boab plenty of ventilation and takes bugger all to set up and a good price as well.

Bought mine direct from their online store www.kulkyne.com

Edited by Dice

I ve just bought a Kulkyne Swag in the big boy model looks the same as the boab plenty of ventilation and takes bugger all to set up and a good price as well.

Bought mine direct from their online store www.kulkyne.com

Just had a look myself,they look ok,a very good price as well.

Yer they look ok and a $100.00 cheaper.

I came across them today in my on line serch.

What do you think of the mattress?

Not much difference to the Boab same shape.

I find the mattress fine Im 6'4" tall and weigh in at about 120kg and didnt have any trouble sleeping and the Swag Bag it comes with has plenty of room if you wanted to get a thicker one down the track.

I picked mine up on a pre new shipment deal where I payed in advance of his getting his shipment I paid $300 for it delivered that was back in May

I did the Anaconda thing today in Frankston.

They had a few swags there.

Nothing that impressed me much.

I think ill go with the kulkye, its cheaper than the boab but the same shape.

And kind of local.

Thanks guys.

I just spoke to kulkye swags and campers.

He is going to put a vid together of the above swag. I aksed him to make mention of the mattress = thickness and what it is.

And the weight of the thing packed up.

Be buggered if im traveling to redcliff to have a purve at one.

They dont have any agents its all done from the factory.

I think the Boab would be the lighter of the 2, Im also sick of running around trying to find one of them.

I want this sorted before the next duck shoot.

Thanks folks.

i don't know too much about swags,

but i bought an Ultima swag,

going out west for work a fair bit, i love it, no poles or #### only 2 ropes, heavy canvas and sandflie proof screen.

http://www.ultimaswag.com/

i think it's my little Hilton hotel....

just to let ya know!

good luck

I just went through this process as well. After a lot of thought, I've decided to go for a self inflating mattress, self inflating pillow and tent, as well as a decent sleeping bag. I know it's not the answer you were looking for, just throwing another option at you if you haven't already thought about it - apologies if you have. I can never get a good nights sleep in a swag, guys with this setup swear by it and setup time will surprise you. If you decide on researching this sort of setup, google the following:

Oztent

Black wolf turbo tent

Thermarest luxury MAP self inflating mattress

Thermarest pillow

Coleman c5 sleeping bag. It's big so you an toss and turn.

This setup is quite compact as well. Good luck and let us know how you go.