Bloody Swags

optic

Haha - mate the turbo tent is good (I've just woken up in one, actually) but its nowhere near as compact as a swag!

I haven't used my Turbo Tent yet.

How do you find it Duncs? Did you get the side & front panels for it?

Haha - mate the turbo tent is good (I've just woken up in one, actually) but its nowhere near as compact as a swag!

More importantly, how do u compare sleeping in tent vs swag?

It was ACE!! Less than 30 secs to set up, no pegs, no poles, just out of the bag and done. Took longer to zip the bag back up.

You can't really compare a swag with it. My swag would take longer to set up (2 poles and pegs) and I can't stand up in it.

The swag takes less room and weighs much less. Swag probably wins (just) on pack up time too.

Last night we just put the tent up on its own without the fly. In light rain I'd be tempted to do the same as it should be waterproof.

We didn't go with the side panels, Geoff. We got the superfly instead. Adds another bag but in hot or cold/wet conditions I think it'll come into its own. We'll find out soon!

It was ACE!! Less than 30 secs to set up, no pegs, no poles, just out of the bag and done. Took longer to zip the bag back up.

You can't really compare a swag with it. My swag would take longer to set up (2 poles and pegs) and I can't stand up in it.

The swag takes less room and weighs much less. Swag probably wins (just) on pack up time too.

Last night we just put the tent up on its own without the fly. In light rain I'd be tempted to do the same as it should be waterproof.

We didn't go with the side panels, Geoff. We got the superfly instead. Adds another bag but in hot or cold/wet conditions I think it'll come into its own. We'll find out soon!

I think I need to try it out soon. I got he side & front panels to use the awning area as the kitchen.

How much a good swag will cost you?

Why not buy a tent for that money and get a descent space to keep all your clothing and gear dry + you can stand or sit in it and have some privacy changing clothes etc.

I am not having a go at swags, pls dont get me wrong, but I would like to knowmwhat motivates people to by a swag instead of tent (one of those that are easy and quick to erect)?

Edited by grunf

Well with a tent you still have to add in your bedding, however grand that may be. The swag is roll out prop up and go to bed. A tarp in an "A" shape over the top gives you protection and the ability to stand up and get dressed.

I have all three, camper trailer for more than three or four nights, tent for a few nights and swag for overnighters or a bit more.

There is a place for all I think.

Grant

Well with a tent you still have to add in your bedding, however grand that may be. The swag is roll out prop up and go to bed. A tarp in an "A" shape over the top gives you protection and the ability to stand up and get dressed.

I have all three, camper trailer for more than three or four nights, tent for a few nights and swag for overnighters or a bit more.

There is a place for all I think.

Grant

+1

Melissa went out yesterday and bought a new tent.It will take 40 minutes to set up,about the same to pack up,and sleeps 12.I now have 6 tents at home.What a waste.I would go the swag any day of the week.Actually,for anything longer than 3 nights,I use one of the army tents from the scout hall.Simple to erect and pack,and has heaps of room.

Now,how did you go with your swag exercise Optic.

Im still at a loss Joe.

Just cant decide what would be right.

For ease a swag is the go. Not that i have ordered one yet.

Until i sort out a tailor.

I did a clean out of a scout hall, god knows how many tents they had.

Dozens, all sorts. And hundreds of bits from hundreds of different tents.

And there was also a shed full of tarp tents.

There is something about some types of women and tents.

The EX also had a fetish for them.

After reading this entire thread again and exploring the dome type swags, I'm reconsidering my tent options again. I like the kulkyne big boy. It's really grabbed my attention, but its due late May. Too long to wait damn it.

Ill be making do for now.

Thats the swag i like, only not the big boy.

As Samhunvic has said, there is a place for a swag, tent and camper.

I agree with his thoughts depending on the amount of time your away and what suits you for that trip.

It could be any of the above.

The Taj at Broken Hill 2 mins ago.

ra2a6uzu.jpg

uvesy3ad.jpg

Turbo 300 with superfly. The superfly probably added 5 or so mins to the setup time but its only the second time we've used it.

Hopefully Tapatalk hasn't done its "random rotation" thing on the pics.