Battery Charger 12V

rangefinder

I recently purchased a battery charger that ceased to work just out of warranty and got told by the distributer 'SORRY".

I contacted the manufacturer direct as they are an Australian company and got told that they had withdrawn that model from their range but due to the circumstances would replace my unit with the upgraded model at no charge.

It was a pleasure to deal with a company like Matson and i will be sure to buy their products in the future as i need a twin battery kit and a jump pack.http://www.matson.com.au

well done rangefinder,its nice to get a win sometimes.having trouble obtaining a water tank for the rear of the 80's,rang flexitank industries ,dicussed needs and space ,custom water bladder on its way.matson products are good and obviously back it up the same.bought some exhaust components that didnt fit,no satisfaction and ended in greif,end of story.cheers

Under new consumer laws just out the retailer is also responsible for the performance of the products they sell and should get that replacement for you.

Even after the stated warranty has expired you are still covered for reasonable service expectations. Such as if a manufacturer advertises that their product is better quality than others and charges extra then under the new laws you can get a replacement if it fails just after the warranty expires because that's not reasonable service. Contact consumer affairs , fair trading , and they should be able to explain your new rights.

From the wording of the new laws I think it would pay to go to consumer arbitration for any expensive product that fails even a year or two after the warranty ends. They may well give a pro rater compensation or the manufacturer may just replace as that may be cheaper for them anyway . That is what I will be doing in future , I will be applying for a hearing every time from now on .

I can see fair trading getting very busy with claims on motor vehicles after waranty has expired.

Edited by Happy Jack