Fridge-Freezer

Dom_76

gday dom,guess your looking at units for the car/4x4. I have a weaco dual zone 50 lt. and it seems ok at this time as its only a few years old.engels have a good following ,just a bit dearer than weaco's. if you have the space, trailblazer make good solid fridge,not sure on fridge/freezers though.my brother has had one for years and its been trouble free.i would guess about 18 years old,been to the cape 3 times[ forth trip soon] ,canning stock route,2 simpson crossings and countless trips to the high country and similar places .most of these trips are 2 weeks or more.no idea of price but they are a big unit compared to others on the market .hope this helps cheers

Thanks for that info mate.. ive seen around a brand called gearup they look really good. Don't know of anyone who owns one though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

no idea dom,there are that many on the market now its hard to keep up with the new ones.

Yeh im keen on getting one real soon. Hopefully before next trip.

When looking for one have a look at how much power they consume.

Might be a deciding factor for long stays?

I purchased an engel two years ago and it goes great. My next door neighbor has the same one that has been going for 20 years now.

theres a store in Sydney that does solar panel for 4x4s and the like, ifound mine on ebay, through them, look exactly like waeco just no branding on it.

bought an 85litre for 400 posted to melb.

check em out

http://www.interproductsonline.com/fridge-freezers.html

Just had a suss they have this type $588 not bad for 80litre

Just had a suss they have this type $588 not bad for 80litre

ye same one I got, mustve gone up.

ye when I saw the price I didn't hesitate

they work a treat also

Thats going to happens duncs. For sure

gday dom,guess your looking at units for the car/4x4. I have a weaco dual zone 50 lt. and it seems ok at this time as its only a few years old.engels have a good following ,just a bit dearer than weaco's. if you have the space, trailblazer make good solid fridge,not sure on fridge/freezers though.my brother has had one for years and its been trouble free.i would guess about 18 years old,been to the cape 3 times[ forth trip soon] ,canning stock route,2 simpson crossings and countless trips to the high country and similar places .most of these trips are 2 weeks or more.no idea of price but they are a big unit compared to others on the market .hope this helps cheers

I've got a Trail Blaza 70lt, it's large but is a very rugged and keeps the items plenty cold enough. If you put a splitter board in it you can freeze the bottom items and the top is like a fridge. For normal fridge use it will keep food/drinks at +2 degrees on 2 out of 10 setting, Freezer will do the job at 7 out of 10 and fridge/Freezer will be about 5-6 out of 10.their size is due to the fact they have 75-125mm of insulation (depending on model).Price for mine which is the "standard 70lt" (75mm insulation) was about $1500. I love mine and another bonus is it's made in Australia :thumbsu:

Hope the info helps mate.

That's very helpful cheers. But Yeh there is so many to choose from these day gear up is another make I've seen when I happen to walk into Repco they had them on display.. But I'm going to shop around before hand. May look into the dual battery system first before the fridge they are my 2 Priority at the Moment for me Ford..

Nearly all the fridges out there run the Danfoss compressor except Engel. Now as with all these Waeco, Ironman, ARB etc get rid of the the bloody in built 240v to 12vdc more problem than they are worth. As speaking from experience. If you want to run it of 240v use an external step down transformer.

The Danfoss compressor system and Danfoss electronics are good its when the companies start adding there own electronics to it is where the issues start.

Trail Blazer fridges are bloody good except for being bulky for there internal size but they have great insulation and any refridge mechanic can fix. Also no internal 240v system.

Bushman another good fridge can go from 32lt to a 52lt and in between with a simple lid and or collar swaps. Also any refridge mechanic can easily fix. No internal 240v as well.

Get a decent dual battery system and use decent size cable to supply the fridge and I'm not talking about the automotive 6mm size might as well use speaker wire. As a ex sparky use something in the order of at least 10mm2 cable it's only 12v and you need to keep the voltage drop to a minimium.

Edited by Varmtr

Guys I have some fridges for sale. they are ex vaccine fridges, old commercial ones, that are not accurate enough for vaccines (0.1 degree accuracy required). they could go in your garage, or whatever. they are old 2nd hand stock, they work great, I have 3 to go to a good home. They are 371 ltr, anyone interested, they have glass doors as well. I will link a pic if I can find a good one online.

MODS BTW, if this is an inappropriate place to offer something for sale, by all means delete and I will post it somewhere else. Just posted this reply in a hurry.

Very similar to these.

http://www.enlake.com.au/images/D/371.jpg

http://www.nordcap.de/fileadmin/produkt-data/####G-371-full-LED.png

PM if interested