Hunters Element Packs

I'm in need of a new pack. Does anyone have any experience with either the Hunters Element Contour or Elevation packs.

I like the look of these as they have a frame system that keeps the actual pack off your back for airflow which reduces perspiration and chills when you take them off in the winter.

Thoughts/opinions please.

Elevation

http://www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz/HuntersEl_ElevationPack.html

Contour

http://www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz/HuntersEl_ContourPack.html

post-8822-0-97795200-1370683313_thumb.jpg

post-8822-0-19516000-1370683335_thumb.jpg

I have a pack with a frame mate, cant recommend them highly enough.. Those bags seem like the go, all though i dont no how useful the scabbard is though for deer hunting , i just bought a safari sling and used it today and loved it..

They look the goods mate. I havent used these packs but my camera backpack has the same design and it does seem to work. Keeps as much surface area away from your body as possible while still remaiming comfy. Ive been tossing up whether to go back to backpacks lately. I used a cheap backpack in the beginning but changed to big bumbag/webbing as the backpack was hot to wear. Then started using a hefty bumbag with 4 big pockets and a small camelback. Im thinking of buying a decent daypack now with a couple of front pockets for quick access. Im interested in a review if you go ahead with either of these.

I looked at them side by side at the shot show. Ended up bringing home the Elevation because it had more adjustment ability on the shoulder and waist straps.

That side compartment on the contour looks pretty handy but I'd prefer to have it sitting "just right" when out walking so the adjustment ability made the decision easy.

I'll have to find a shop with both in stock & have a good look. The pack I sold Joe was a 35L & I thought it was just a bit too big. The Elevation is 35L too but the shape looks better - narrower. I do like the look of the side pocket on Contour & have received a number of glowing recommendations for them on another forum.

Well, I looked at both today & walked out of the LGS with the 25L Contour.

Both were really well made and a lot of thought has gone into the designs. The rigid frame and mesh airflow system look the goods.

The Elevation pack had a couple of nice features - more straps for adjustment and a better rifle holder - but I still thought it was a bit big for me. The Contour has a small pocket on each side with ammo loops & organiser pockets in one of them.

I hope to get out next month & put it through its paces.