Roof Mounted Spotlights

Foxdriver

hey guys as some of you many know i have just got a new ute its a 2003 nissan navara iv been looking at putting a roof mounted spotlight in it now iv been looking at the blaza lights and handle has anyone got one if so what are they like or what other ones can any body suggest....cheers foxdriver

my mate has a powerbeam handle and I have a lightforce one, his is better than mine in that mine keeps coming loose on the lockup ring .his doesnt

cheers mate is that a hand held or a mounted light

Mine is the mounted one, although I don't have it through the roof. It is a temp mount I made up that fits into my drivers window like the ones you can buy with the gas strut.

thanks for the help guys.....

thanks for the offer happy jack but i think ill be leaving permanently in the roof of the ute just makes it easy as once it goes in ill be using it most weekends at work

pmac i personally wouldn't bother with a window mounted light as all the ones i have used just seemed to get in the way when trying to shoot....

im trying to find a blaza fold up light handle for sale if i cant get one ill be getting a powa beam handle in the next few weeks

thanks for the help guys.....

thanks for the offer happy jack but i think ill be leaving permanently in the roof of the ute just makes it easy as once it goes in ill be using it most weekends at work

pmac i personally wouldn't bother with a window mounted light as all the ones i have used just seemed to get in the way when trying to shoot....

im trying to find a blaza fold up light handle for sale if i cant get one ill be getting a powa beam handle in the next few weeks

No worries mate,

Yeah my window mount set up is very restrictive and can be a PITA but I'm not quite ready to put a hole in my ute so I may have to buy a quad bike or UTV :thumbsu:

ok so whats size light is everyone using im looking at a powa beam 175 light i think it will be big enough but whats other ppl thoughts

That size does the job quite well . You can go bigger on a roof mount if you want . I think you will get just as much game with the smaller light . I like this size because it's easier to stow when removed , but others like the biggest light they can buy . Another advantage to the removable setup is all the wiring setup is easily accessible from the globe to the battery . The pro series is arguably the best light but it also costs. Not sure that the new dimmer system is really worth the extra electrical complication . Every electrical device you put in the power line brings in another place to break down and most dimmers don't save that much battery capacity because most of the current throttled off is lost as heat anyway .

They are useful to reduce brightness if it's a problem which is the main reason to buy one .

I don't see a need for a dimmer on the smaller lights but maybe on the 245 it may have some use but I like the wiring kept simple and field fixable . Carry some rosin core solder , small 12 volt soldering iron , electrical tape , few spare globes and a spare handle switch and you can fix it any time any place , unless you rip it off the roof on a low limb . That's a bit harder to fix . That's when you pull out the spare Lightforce hand held .

cheers mate placing a order for a 7 inch powa beam now i think i got it cheap for 125 now just have to wait for my handle

yeah i want a folding handle only so i can fold it up and out of the way of the kids when they are in the ute

thanks mate im looking at buying a hole saw for the drill just to cut the hole in the roof so im hoping that makes it very easy