Fatboy

gafloss

I personally dont go much on this style but youve done a great job of making it. Is that a crack through the handle? Nice looking wood either way.

Did you get your drive back yet Geoff?

I didn't really like this blade when it arrived but it's surprisingly comfortable in the hand. I personally don't use this shape of knife as I like something a bit more multi-functional. As HJ said though, if you only need it it for skinning, this shape works really well - short & easily controlled.

I've got a few more blades that aren't really my cup of tea but they were cheap & will be good to practice on. I think the next one will be a small Bowie-style.

The line through the timber is just a very shallow sap line.

No drive yet Shawn, but the mail up here has been woefully slow. Probably tomorrow.

very nice Geoff,like the shape and size for skinning,taking a guess that's about a 60/ 75mm blade.if a bloke was to want one the same what sort of money are we looking at? cheers

very nice Geoff,like the shape and size for skinning,taking a guess that's about a 60/ 75mm blade.if a bloke was to want one the same what sort of money are we looking at? cheers

Yep, blade is 75mm & total length is 183mm.

How much??? Haven't even thought about selling yet (maybe after I've got a few more under my belt). With the fall in the Aussie dollar, materials cost around $65-70. I don't have any more of these blades on hand but I'll let you know when I'm ordering more & see if you're still interested.