Converting Spotlight To Hid

ManU

Hi all,

I did a quick search and couldnt find anything useful so hopefully i'm not repeating a past topic. I went spotlighting last year with a guy who had a HID converted light and the difference was amazing.

I want to convert my Lightforce 170mm striker spotlight into a HID. I've looked in to the process in the past and i did find a place online that had a good looking kit but now that im ready to buy it i cant find them again. Does anybody know of a good quality HID conversion kit for these lights? Preferably one that is waterproof (reasonably anyway) and is well protected

As i said i did find a place previously and the kit looked exactly like the HID attachments on the HID lights coming directly out of lightforce, everything i have now found so far is either designed for a driving light and not a spotlight or doesnt look like it would last 5 minutes out the window of my 4by.

Otherwise, does anybody think this is just not worth it and i should buy a factory HID light?

I tried one when they came out Manu, on free loan from a decent gun shop, but found they do take a bit of time to warm up for best performance, this proved to be a problem when flicking the light over the larger fields looking for eyes, most of the fox don't hang around if you keep the light on any length of time. we now use a nightmaster 800!! with coloured leds, works a treat and fits in your pocket nicely.

Paul

yeah a bday prezzy might just be the go for a new one, its in March so timing is perfect.

The kits on ebay dont instill confidence and arent that cheap anyway, the last thing you want to do is spend over $100 and then the thing blows up the first night in a light drizzle anyway. As is said, the one I saw previously looked exactly like the add-ons that come on the lightforce HID lights and were about $75, i stuffed up by not buying it right then and there.

The option of having 2 lights with one out each side sounds enticing anyway, so perhaps a new one with the old light going at the same time.

The LED lights are pretty sweet, if i buy a new light, i'll check then out but it comes down to what we use them for as well, waiting for a HID to heat up isnt a big deal for me because we cruise around in the car on a large property with the light going constantly, if on foot or if i had to be careful about how much light i could throw around then i would go LED for sure.

Thanks all, i'll just keep looking i guess and see how i go, i dont usually need much of an excuse to buy a new hunting toy :)