I Wonder If It'd Work?

Duncs

Not something i would use.It defeats the whole idea of using you hand in the way we have been brought up to use it.

IE Knife and fork. or the use of a pen or pencil.

If you think about the above, where is the control over this thing.

Got to admit that a gut hook can be a bloody pain.

Even tho my knife has one. Unless its razor sharp its a pain.

And they are not easy to sharpen.

+1 on that, can't really see the need for a gut hook, personally.

I do understand the concept, but it would only be of any use on big game such as Buffalo, or something that size.

I think it's use would be over seas some where . Not much good for us, but would make a good talking point.

Design has been around for a while, I originally had one about ten years ago ( they came in a small and large blade size), pretty sure it was called a game skinner back then.

It wasn't to bad as a skinner, was good for cleaning any fat ect off skins for tanning, problem was it wouldn't it hold an edge, gave it away and went back to using a staysharp knife for years after

I reckon that would be too hard to control, but the curve design is for one purpose

I have a small skinner with big curve blade which gives me very good control.

The cut out which is probably be designed for a forefinger using a full grip makes the thing too small for my hand but if I use it for my thumb, the blade becomes an extension of my finger.

Very good close quarter control in hard to get at places.

Grant.

post-6003-0-45906000-1393802368_thumb.jpg

post-6003-0-57550100-1393802403_thumb.jpg

I might have a slightly bigger version of that knife of yours somewhere Grant, will have a dig in my box of bits and see if its still there.

Paul

Nice working knife Grant, love the size.