Garmin Gps

hazedog

im currently looking at the etrex cammo and just wondering if anyones using this or one of the similar models.

are they any good?

easy to use?

any complaints?

whats the coverage like, do they work well out west and in thick bush?

that sort of bizo

cheers

haze

you might find this thread(sorry its a different site to this one) if your going to buy from the US

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159040

its a adventure motorcycle rider site.

and this one is a magellin VS garmin

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162232

if this has been inapropriate(spellings to my strong point :rolleyes: ) then delete my post :unsure:

Yer Etrex Legend great little unit has a few hassles in realy thick timber but nothin to bad. A peace of poop to use just play around and you soon work it out. Read the manual though. It has just about every function that i need and i have no worries in recomending them

1S1K ((0))

I had a Garmin etrex for a while. I liked it and someone else must have too, cos the lowlife scum stole it from my house during a break-in while I was at work one day. I bought another Garmin to replace it.

I have a mate who just replaced his unit (dunno the brand) with a Magellan, and he's happy with that too. They have comparable features, so whatever you find the most user friendly and the best value is probably the way to go. I reckon you will be happy either way.

Cheers,

Steve

I use a Pocket PC type GPS for the car which has most of the well known tracks and roads in State Forests, National Parks etc. When I'm hunting I use the etrex Camo, I bought it on the U.S Ebay site a couple of years ago for $100U.S

It drops out often in heavily timbered areas though, I've been thinking of using the Pocket PC now I have a BluTooth Antenna for it as it actually shows the area and tracks around you in most cases. I just have to work out how to mark specific points on it.

ive got an Etrex Legend C - and yeah i reckons its real handy.. just need to get the city navigator cd now and i will have a handy map for travelling as well..

i couldnt be happier for the quality vs price vs easy to use factors

IMO there are of course better units out there..

cheers

ronois that the base model?

i think the only diff between the base and the camo is thecolour case anyone know for sure? oh sorry the camo has some built inhuntting time recomender or somthing but id probly look at that yellow one if its the goods in the thick stuff.

ronois that the base model?

i think the only diff between the base and the camo is thecolour case anyone know for sure? oh sorry the camo has some built inhuntting time recomender or somthing but id probly look at that yellow one if its the goods in the thick stuff.

Yes mate its the base model and if you drop the yellow one in the poor light you will see it alot easier than the Camo style IMHO

i second the fortrex 101, i bought it for a pig trip up nsw where we were on a large property and use it all the time when stalking and dogging, fantastic, waterproof to a couple of meters, has dings and scratches but still works everytime, can be a little bulky and catch on trees if your running around but just walking it is a great unit.