Trail Cams

howahunter

Ill be hopefully getting 3 of them, Ive waited a year since missing out last time.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/wednesday-10-september-2014/wednesday-detail-wk37/ps/p/wildlife-camera/

I managed to get 3 of the aldi trail cams. Did a bit of testing last night and fimed this curious critter in the backyard. Im really impressed with the cam, great features.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k482/AltonaHunter/Mobile%20Uploads/th_IMAG0013.mp4

Edited by AltonaHunter

I got one, it's a bit different from the last one Aldi had. This one has sound as well and the whole 8 batteries are in the same compartment. The design is better. I'm still intrigued as to how the power gets from the battery pack to the camera, I can only see the metal hinge pin. Can you tell me how it works Shawn?

Grant.

I was thinking the same thing Grant. I even tested the hinge pin for voltage. No voltage there so I duno. So its either magic or just another example of mysterious alien technology. ;) Ill study the device and see what I turn up

Gents,

I was lucky enough to pick up a few of the Aldi trailcams.

Just a question - what setting do you use to take the pictures. I've been playing with mine and there seems to be a delay between sensing the motion and taking the picture. I'm using 30secs apart but end up missing myself when I walk back and forwards in front of the unit. I'm assuming that they're not designed to take instantaneous pictures of quick moving objects. I haven't tried it outside yet.

On another note a mate purchased the ones from last year and his advise was to build them a weather shield as they don't like a lot of rain. I've made some simple ones out of plastic flower pots and ice cream buckets.

Brett

Brett I have never had an issue with the rain on mine but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a cover.

I think the trigger is one second, so if you are close to the camera there is a chance that you will slip by. The side sensors wake the camera up, then, when a moving target gets to the lens area that's when it triggers. If the sensor wakes the camera up from the side and the target doesn't enter the aimed area it won't take a pic....I think. The 30 seconds apart setting allows for either different animals or the same animal in a different position, but if the one animal just moves through the area you end up with two blanks. I prefer about 5 seconds.

Try setting up outside simulating the bush setting minimum 3 metres from your target.

The new model that you and I just got has a couple of better features than the old one but I haven't done proper setup yet.

Grant.