Meat Eater Havolon Bolt Knife....

dutchhunt

hey Guys,

Just had a few rainy days this weekend up here, so been watching a few hunting shows.

one of them is meat eater with Steven Rinella.

He's always using this little knife with interchangeable stainless blades, like castrating blades....

It's called the Havalon Bolt with 60A blades...

I trap and shoot a fair few dingoes/dogs, so I think it would be a great skinning knife to take the scalps from the dogs...

anyone with experience with these (sort off) knifes????

I don't know how to copy paste a link in here, but just look up havalon bolt knifes....

cheers

Dutchy

post-5342-0-74437900-1421573192_thumb.gif

dutchhunt

I run one as a lightweight pack knife. Works well , boned out a few animals with it. Not ideal for larger jobs but always sharp . Blade change easily. Ideal for caping. Cheers Mick

• Like 1

Great bit of gear. I use mine for all sorts of butchering. Had it a long time with no problems.

PS

Did you know they also come in a longer blade. I think its called Baracoota.

Edited by optic
  • Like 1

sounds like the go.....

ordering one right now!!! :thumbsu:

thanks guys, just wanted some honest opinions instead of TV recommendations....

I carry one in my pack and generally end up doing most of my deer field butchering with one. A word of caution put no pressure on the blade as they (the blade) snap very easily! In conjunction with a fixed blade it makes a good combination, as above they are very sharp and do a very good job.

thanks guys, can't wait to get it, I ordered one yesterday....

just skinned another dingo this morning that I trapped, could only think how it would go with the Havalon.....

yeah, I ordered one in my favourite hunting colour: bright Pink!! :thumbsu: hahaaaa

after I lost my trapping hoe/tool last week I picked a bright colour knife...

been searching for that hoe for 3 hours, it was brown coloured.... :thumbsd:

I just watched the first three seasons of Meat Eater and had to do some investigating on his knife. Turns out i'm the last to know about havalon knives. I'm definatly getting one, but don't know if I should get piranta or the larger baracuta. Its about $15 more.

Glad i did a forum search before starting a new topic, Dutchunt beat me by about 19 months.

Also if anyone reads this and hasn't watched Meat Eater, check it out. Its Awesome.

• Like 1

Get one, it's handy! I nearly need a new one by now....lol!

Nah, good handy knife, I use it for heaps of things, scalp dogs and cut nuts....

Cheers!

Get one, it's handy! I nearly need a new one by now....lol!

Nah, good handy knife, I use it for heaps of things, scalp dogs and cut nuts....

Cheers!

Bluey's in Wodonga has a large range of havalons and spare blades . I picked another one up whilst down there. Broke the sambar hinde down with my bright orange one…… Good knife. Yeah blades break easy with side pressure.

Cheers Mick

IMG_1852_zpsifx920dn.jpg

IMG_1851_zpshcpqqorf.jpg

Edited by 264
  • Like 2

Havnt come across anything yet that the Havlon cant handle. Cant say i have broken a blade yet. More worried about the edge getting me. Great knife. It is my go to knife on a belt with about 5 hanging off it.

• Like 1

Have any of you seen the outdoor edge razor pro it has changeable blades similar to the havalon ( I've had a havalon for 5 years) but it is a lot stronger, the blades slide on and has a bigger blade and you can get them with a gutting hook on it as well, very sharp & i carry a diamond steel and sharpen them a few times before changing, it's a folding knife so goes on your hip easily.

Only knife you need. About $115 - $120 off ebay.

I bought mine of a bloke in Sydney who hunts. His ebay name is "beyondthedivide"

Cheers basto

• Like 2

Have any of you seen the outdoor edge razor pro it has changeable blades similar to the havalon ( I've had a havalon for 5 years) but it is a lot stronger, the blades slide on and has a bigger blade and you can get them with a gutting hook on it as well, very sharp & i carry a diamond steel and sharpen them a few times before changing, it's a folding knife so goes on your hip easily.

Only knife you need. About $115 - $120 off ebay.

I bought mine of a bloke in Sydney who hunts. His ebay name is "beyondthedivide"

Cheers basto

Just had a look at them. They look ok. I got a box of blades with mine when i got it years ago. Cost me $60.00 for 100 blades. I get 3 deer out of one blade easy. I can touch them up if i want to on the paper wheels, but i dont bother.I run the same sort of gut hook on a Stanley knife. They are or were made to cut Lino.