Need A Tent

howahunter

Hi guys/girls now my youngest child is 4 i am starting to look into going camping again, i am in need of a tent it needs to be at least 10 person in size but cant stretch the funds to a canvas.. So does anyone have any recommendations on brands that are good?? i have looked at bcf and the cabin tents look the goods if anyone has any feedback

Thanks in advance

southern cross tents.http://www.southerncrosscanvas.com.au/ we have had 1 for over 20years use it roughly 5 times a year, gets less use these days since got swags quality gear water proof, been on murray river surviving 60mm rain no leaks zippers have worked perfectly.

But we must say that if your gonna go with quality you will PAY for it, 20years ago think old man paid $1400 and the basic advice is you need look after it by airiing it out drying it for few days after use. Every time we use our tent it get set up in garage and sits there for week before we properly pack it up and the canva's is still very good condition for it's age.

Edited by ozrider81

with ozrider here,we bought a southern cross trecker deluxe[6 person canvas] in 2000 have used it a lot. 11 days straight on the move ,Birdsville ect,'13 22 days straight on the move again to the tip and back.lots of wet trips at a week at a time to howitt high plains and the gatta with no problems. has been a terrific tent to use,and takes very little time to put up,cost us $ 1100.00 at the time added an awning @$400.00 a bit later,definitley worth the money and top quality.only down side ,it weghts 30 kg and is a little heavy to put up onto the cruiser rack,but you manage when you have too.sleeps 6 adults well so a few extra smaller ones would probablay fit in ok.in the bigger picture buy the best you can manage..as oz said after use maintenance is critical to good long service, we to air ours out for week,even if it didn't get wet just to be sure.[and no ,we don't have shares in sth cross].hope this helps ,cheers,

I have one of the mega huge tents with the front mesh entrance way and 3 rooms.Its freaking huge,sleeps 12 according to the chart,we have had 7 in there comfortably.Takes about 45 minutes to set up and fill with bedding,we use the front entrance as our kitchen.Costs about $600,is a sportiva brand and has been good for us.We have used it in heavy rain and strong wind,and whilst it isn't an all seasons tent,it hasn't leaked.I think the only thing to break were a couple of the plastic clips that hold the tent out to the fibreglass poles,and they are replaceable.