Gps Tracking Collars For Dogs

brinny

Picked up the dog last night, and she really does look the goods........However Huntalot tells me she can get a bit carried away and just keep going on scent, and last thing i need is to spend all day looking for dogs.

So a tracking collar will be the go, but never having had them, i m in unfamiliar territory in what to buy and where to get them.

Does anyone use these collars?......Any info on brands to look at,range, price etc greatly appreciated.

The Garmin Astro has been by far the most popular but unfortunately it has a frequency not licensed for use within Aus/NZ. If I had personal experience with one I would say they worked OK :)

There is a new Garmin unit though, the Alpha which can be used in Aus, no reason to see why it wouldn't be just as good if not better.

Cheers,

Waldo

Contact Al Rogers from Aussie Tracker repairs, he is a top bloke and will sort you out. He is also a hunting guide with his own business Saratoga Fishing and hunting Adventures, so he uses his own products for his dogs. He deals with Garmin too.

Edited by MR243

Contact Al Rogers from Aussie Tracker repairs, he is a top bloke and will sort you out. He is also a hunting guide with his own business Saratoga Fishing and hunting Adventures, so he uses his own products for his dogs. He deals with Garmin too.

Righto....Thanks mate