Remote Control Spotlight

dutchhunt

Hi All,

after reading Brinny's post about his door rest, someone told me a remote light already exist,

so had a look and ordered one.

got it in this week.

remote light

it's relatively cheap, don't know how long its gonna last.

bought it for $129 on Ebay.

it's a 12 volt, 50 watt led , 5200 lumens.

had a shine around with it,

plenty of light!

It's surprisingly fast, BUT...

probably not fast enough if you do a lot of spotlighting.

for me it will work ok.

I'm happy with it, might hook it up to 24 volt to make it spin a bit faster, lol....

theres also a little video on youtube about the light.

Don't know how to copy paste though.......

thought I just let you guys know!!!!

Cheers

Dutchy

oh mate, I just had a shine around, easy 300 meters shootable light, probably more, I lit up the sugarcane at the back of my house on the farm, and that's about 800 meters away and I could easily see all the stalks in detail.

so reach is no problem, I only shoot within 200 meters at night anyway....I think that's the max. distance...

I see if I can video it and upload it, probably not gonna work with my limited computer knowledge/patience lol...

its also a bit wider than a lightforce beam, but plenty powerful!!

just come up here and have a look :thumbsu:

Edited by dutchhunt

sounds good D/H. make sure you do a report when you have given it a good workout mate.

By the way, they have just finished cutting the rye grass etc on the ground where you shot the fallow buck, was out lamping for fox last night and spotted the two small bucks that were keeping him company, may take one next week for the freezer if i get lucky

took out a biggish cub and a vixen with the ruger no1, so pretty happy.

Awesome Paul!

I will give it a good workout this week, see if I can video it.

Video isn't he problem, putting it up here is...

Go and get yourself a nice young buck mate...how many are there on the grounds now, still 20 odd?

And have you seen old mate poaching again?

And Brinny, always welcome here mate!!

• Like 1

OK!!

here's my review;

for actual spotlighting----> No!

for the rest-----> Yes

sounds complicated hey!

I gave it a good run shooting some ferals last night.

it gives plenty of light to shoot.

handy and easy to operate.

magnet mount on the roof, easy.

but, as there's always a but, it's not good enough for spotlighting/lamping...

if you push the button even for a split second to move the light to lets say the right, it turns too much in one go if you know what I mean.

I tried to light up a few eyes that I saw, but it goes too far left, then too far right.

so its not that you can actually pinpoint the light on your target !

which is crap!!

but cant really fault the light for that.

but I used it for sighting in a mate's NV scope, and the remote control is easy.

flick it on, bore sight rifle, flick it off, adjust scope, flick on turn on target etc...

I guess it's gonna be living in my boat, not a bad squid light and navigation light.

sooooo........when I get my new ute.....you guess; Hole saw!!!!!!!!!

hope you get what I mean...

Cheers

Dutchy

More then welcome WL , always something to get up here mate!! Pm. Me if ya keen!

And don't worry, the deer won't be in trouble.

I prefer stalking, so wouldn't shoot 'em under light!! No sport in that!

All I could do was an honest review and that's it!

Cheers

Dutchy

Knocked up a window mount yesterday afternoon and had a trial run last night, needs a few minor mods but Im happy with the overall design and how it worked.

Made it reversible so it can be mounted both drivers and passengers side and went with a long handle so I could mount it fairly high. Lets me get a good 360 degree coverage, actually worked well better than having someone shining the light from the passengers seat but not quite as well as someone on the back of the ute.

any pics 220??

Not yet mate Ill try to finish it off today and get some, only tacked everything together to give it a trial and see if I needed to modify anything.

Half thinking about incorporating a removable shooting rest into it.

That will work well 220. Ipch has also made up a window mount, Ill have to get a pic of his.

Should do, only spent an hour or so Sat night spotlighting but no fatigue, have it adjusted so with my hand on the handle my arm is resting on the door. Made everything adjustable to make sure it could be adjusted to suit a few different users.

Fairly easy to knock up, 25 and 19mm rhs, the 19 is a good fit inside the 25 so easy to make them slide adjustable. Couple of pieces of 25mm angle welded back to back and cut back a little fits nicely in the top window track and bit of flat bent to suit the door profile on the bottom.

Only thing I will have to watch is low hanging branches, the light is probably 500mm above roof hight. I did that deliberately to let me get 360 degrees and still be able to shine the light in close to the vehicle on the off side for when we are shooting bunnies and there is a bit of grass about. Worked great closing gates the other night as well, left the door open and only had to turn the light a bit over 90 degrees to see what I was doing.