Gps For Hunting

ted

For those of you that use a GPS for hunting, what do you recommend and what did you pay?

Regards,

Ted

I've been using a Garmin Rino 650 for a few years now and am very happy with it. It is a GPS/UHF in the same unit, you can find them for around $500-$550. I cant really compare it to any of the new GPS units as this is all I use though.

i use a garmin etrex 30,

don't know how much it was, but to be honest...

if i was you i would buy the best you can afford with the opportunity to download maps and stuff and a good screen.

i know my properties and for me it's just a safety thing in case i get lost or when i shoot a trophy and want to pick it up.

i also use it when i trap new properties and mark all my traps so i don't loose any...

Cheers

Dutchy

I run a Garmin 62s, it gets a flogging and haven't had an issue. I use it for bush walking, hunting and out on the bike. It runs garmin maps but can have aftermarket maps if you prefer. Can't recall the exact price, between the $300 to $400 mark.

I run a Garmin 62s, it gets a flogging and haven't had an issue. I use it for bush walking, hunting and out on the bike. It runs garmin maps but can have aftermarket maps if you prefer. Can't recall the exact price, between the $300 to $400 mark.

I also run the 62s great unit lots of features (well worth reading the manual) good battery life. The only thing I would like is a larger screen. I have heard of apps that can be installed on mobile phones, I have no previous experience but have been told by a couple of people that they now leave the GPS at home and just carry the phone. My 62s cost $360 with the Garmin maps micro sd card.

Cheers

Edited by Paul j m

Another for the 62s, no complaints. Can mark points accurately and simple enough to use. I know a few people who use them on Motorbikes up the bush, which lowers my concern for wrecking mine sitting in the pack.

For those of you that use a GPS for hunting, what do you recommend and what did you pay?

Regards,

Ted

Ted, I resisted for a long time and finaly bought a cheap Garmin E10 no maps. But great for track function and marking way points . Very simple to use and I dont know why I didnt get one earlier……..cheers Mick

• Like 1

Garmin GPS Map 62s for me, too.

A great bit of kit... even though I haven't figured out how to use half of the functions, yet.

Same here, 62s. Getting the hang of it, never thought they were that useful till I used one. The maps make life very easy and you can concentrate more on the hunt. I don't leave home without it. I still take a paper map though. :)