hey guys im in the market for a laser range finder. i am slowly starting to get into intermediate ranged hunting. at the moment i want to range and shoot deer out to no more than 500m.

my price range is around 600 dollars

What are people using?

what is good Value?

Cheers Jack

Just purchased a leupold RX-3 $350 from magnum sports. Works fine, going to use it in NZ. Climb and work too hard to miss with a rough range estimation. Cheers Mick

• Like 1

Just purchased a leupold RX-3 $350 from magnum sports. Works fine, going to use it in NZ. Climb and work too hard to miss with a rough range estimation. Cheers Mick

Thanks for your reply.

I agree thats why am interested too.

Sounds like a good price

Do you know how far it ranges non reflective stuff like animals? The ones i have looked up all say 1000 yards but only range animals to around 500 or 600 yards.

Bushnell Legend 1200 Arc - does the job.

Thanks mate ive seen these. I guess once again it comes down to whats available from the stores but these seem common.

I have a leupold rx1200 tbi works easily to 600m on roos. I've ranged it to 750 on trees.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thanks mate im liking the look of the 800 version of these and a little bit cheaper. Do you use any of the holder over measurements given for different trajectories etc?

Thanks mate im liking the look of the 800 version of these and a little bit cheaper. Do you use any of the holder over measurements given for different trajectories etc?

I have a ballistic hunting turret on my scope so simply dial in my number of clicks and centre the cross hairs. I use it in the true ballistic range (eg angle compensation) mode and it seems to work a treat.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thats the go i have a zeiss conquest dl which i could have got the asv turret for but at an extra 400 bucks i passed. it moves in cm so 1cm at 100m clicks. How can i go about using this? Should i just create a drop chart and when i range the target look up the clicks in cm on my drop chart? Or do the range finders convert the hold over to cm??

Sorry for all the questions

Cheers jack

I use a leica 1200 range finder now but have owned/used bushnel and leupolds, I wasnt that impressed with the Bushnel, and had to bounce it off trees or rocks near whatever i was shooting as it took forever to give the distance if i pointed it at the deer past 300yds.

The leupold was pretty good but i loaned it out and it never came home :growl:.

If you can find a S/H leica i would strongly advise you to buy it, they really are good, pretty much instant readout on distance and on solid objects reaches out to 1400yds, and i can flick a switch to change from yds to mts. red LED display helps as well.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2016 at 4:26 PM, SamHuntVic said:

$150 from Aldi, you might be struggling to find a store with any left though.

Grant.

Grate  range finder and  grate price

On 18/03/2016 at 4:26 PM, SamHuntVic said:

$150 from Aldi, you might be struggling to find a store with any left though.

Grant.

I was keen on finding one of the Aldi rangefinders after the discussion here, but could not find any available. I looked around for something similar and found an 800m one on Kogan for pretty cheap. Just wanted to say it works great so far. Very accurate at the target range. Would recommend.

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/800m-laser-rangefinder/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_ads&gclid=CjwKCAjwsIbpBRBNEiwAZF8-z1gAbKZAoOSQ-3_DLHrxz0y8zU9Djuv80WSV5RylOMz1i####Z5rqnJxoCBEcQAvD_BwE

This one is $240, but when I bought it a week ago it was being sold for $140, so keep your eyes peeled.