Jackets And Rain Gear

I got a little chastised for getting drenched last weekend by the GLW and given the fact its bucketing down atm was wondering what wet weather gear people are using. I noticed Aussie are selling Mallard jackets for under a hundy now. Looks to be a good starting option and probably a little lighter than my Swanni.

So any recommendations?

i use the torrent in olive colour so i can wear it when traveling as well but really wanted the roar for cold wet weather, i do have a light weight camo waterproof jacket for when it isn't too cold.

The roar 11 is good too.

Roar II its great, given up on my old oilskin even for general farm duties in the wet and wear the roar.

Ordered a pair of pants earlier in the week, with it looking like a wet winter the only way I will be getting around the farm is on the 4 wheeler so should be able to stay totally dry.

Hunters element bush coat for most of wet weather hunting. XTR coat and pants for heavy conditions. Worked well in NZ. Cheers Mick

• Like 1

I think I'm going to lash out a little, some good info here. I'll be needing it in both NZ and Aussie. That actually makes it a little hard as temps don't tend to get as low as they do down south and I hate being cold and hate being hot. Layering isn't an issue though. I was thinking I might go all rockerfeller and buy a Swazi Tahr, XTR looks interesting and I suppose if Ridgeline does the job, why not?

I'll be in NZ in 2 weeks, might duck into Gun city.

Plenty of food for thought.

Dry as a bone for me. Its padded water proof, zip off sleeves. And keeps the wind out.

I am after a good set of dacks. Same deal water proof and has to keep the wind out.

Where can i find info on Roar 11?

Dri-z-bone isn't a good idea in sambar country unless it's got orange patches on it.Looks to much like a deer when crouched over looking at marks or scat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just had a look at the tahr anorak jacket on line.How can those prices be justified,or am I a tight arse.

#### that! It is alot of coin for a jacket!
  • Like 1

Just had a look at the tahr anorak jacket on line.How can those prices be justified,or am I a tight arse.

Definitly not a tight arse mate, 550 for a jacket is ridiculous, I don't own one for that exact reason, but I bet you don't hear people complain about the money that own them. They look like the ducks guts of wet weather jackets.

• Like 1

I'm betting I'm tighter than you, Joe. But, my old swanni is 25 years old and still in good nick. I expect it will be fine when I kick it, the Tahr probably would go the same way. So one outlay and done.

• Like 1

Jeez, that's cheap. Dropped in to Mialls to pick up a rifle and had a look at the HE stuff. No XTR's there to look at. The only dramas buying online is that you don't know how it will go over all the extra crap you have to wear.