Scope And Bino's Fogging Up Please Help

Just after some info before i head away next weekend , Having trouble with my bino's and scope fogging up making them impossible to use unless i wipe them all the time. Is there a easy fix was thinking of trying the stuff you use on the inside of your car windows. any help would be good as would hate to miss a stag because i cant see through them ..

I have the same issues when chasing the fox at night under the light. Changes in elevation, ie- cool in the gullies and on the lower flats then when I drive uphill the warmer air condenses on both ocular and objective lenses. Has cost me plenty of foxes over the years. I have tried lens caps, the Leupold Alumina flip up type, Butler Creek etc. Next thing will be leaving the Leupold neoprene scope cover on with holes cut front and back. Have to keep the scope slightly warmer than ambient air temp to stop fogging. Chemical wipes do phaark all.., if the the glass is colder than the air you get instant condensation.

I now keep a lens pen in my pocket for streak free lens cleaning....

Hi guys think I have found a solution to the problem. as stated the problem is the gas inside the scope gets to cold so need to keep scope a bit warmer ... I have a neoprene scope cover in camo finish so I am going to cut both ends out of it and simple slide a bag of that hand warmer satchel stuff inside cover which should keep scope at a warmer temperature and stop fogging will also put one in bino case hopefully this works and solves a annoying problem will post results after next weekend

• Like 2

I just drive around with the rifle in the front seat and the heater on :wacko:

most quality scopes and binos are pretty good these days, gas filled and anti-fog lens coatings. And I find that any fogging happens right at the start. I still take a little microfiber cloth in my pocket, just in case. I hate a dirty/fogged lens