My new toy

optic

Been after one of these for while. Got a friend that got 5 at auction cheap. She also dropped off my new socks, direct from NZ. Got a few projects lined up for the machine.a990b57b2dfaa523b97fb9dc3b5cd5b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The besst socks i have ever had were King Gee. 15 years out of them worn daily on the job. They were expensive but well worth the money. A friend Got me a bundle of socks for XMAS 4 years ago. They are still going strong so i asked for more. Her niece was heading here for a holiday and got the socks for me $80.00 the lot. The blue tops are Gumboot and the black are Alpine. The best i have found to date since King Gee went AWOL. The foot does not move in the boot with these socks on. And they are as warm as toast. Back Road socks are good stuff.

Edited by optic
Ad more
  • Like 1

15years worn daily so u sat at a desk all day that's why they last so long :)

socks are only as good as the shoes you wear, wearing badly fitting shoes socks wont do you any good

I've just used  holeproof explorer socks ( liars they do get holes in them). never had problem with them comfort wise great, walked/waded in water and they've still been comfy and dry out quite well.

I averaged 18ks a day in the factory. cant beat quality boots and socks. Sill got a pair of king gee still going. Best sock i ever came across. $18.00 a pair, way back then. $15.00 on special. Over 10 years ago.Back Road are $13.30 a pair. You get what you pay for in everything.

I see where your coming from. There were about 15 pairs of King Gee socks. Clean socks every day of the week. Cant handle it any other way.

Edited by optic

55 minutes ago, huntsmart said:

18k a day thats nearly a half marathon , wouldn't like to be your hunting buddy.

That machine is a bit like your socks, made to last.

Not these days mate. Back then i set the pace for the young bucks, much older but also fitter than them. Hunting for me is about 4 steps at a time and stop look and listen.

I put a pair of the new socks on. Not the same as they use to be. But warm and comply. The machine is old solid and simple to use. If i dont like it she will swap it for a modern model. But they are kind of computer pad driven things.

Edited by optic

Duncs i have a heap of the stuff that comes off the taught liner trucks. Reinforced plastic type stuff.  I have a few projects in mind. It is capable of doing leather and i need to invent a way to slow it down using an adjustable stop of some sort under the pedal. It works great. Just have to learn its tricks and how to fly it.  Been after one for about 5 years. Most are 3 phase. This isnt.

• Like 1