New Toys

optic

Its a digital Photon 6.5 NV brinny. Day night scope. My first digital nv. See what it looks like tonight. I was looking at an ATN, but after watching the ATN users site i decided against them. If the young wiz kids have problems i would be doomed.  Plenty of info on youtube about the photons.

I was going to get the doubler for it but decided to try it without. The doubler. doubles the mag. Slips overt the end.

One bloke i spoke to is shooting Toads in Darwin @ 70 yards. If its any good. Its cheap @ under a K.

Dish it up boys. I have earned it. Your a long way off getting even yet. Im going to ask Sally to take aa pic of yours Duncs. As for Ian. His shed is bigger than mine and its like a hoarders house in there.

Far to many issues popping up with the ATNs for an old bloke. I kept seeing people being told to go back and down load to fix problems. Cant do that in the field.

And its pretty bulky.

First look through it last night in the yard at dusk was impressive. I can see branches in a tree 100 yards away. With IR light that has a few settings. It didnt really improve it that much. So i have fitted another super IR light to it. Ill give that a run tonight.This light is a Russian thing, I think. Has a zoom adjustment. You can also take movies with this thing. Im not sure ill bother with that. What i like about it is that it is easy to set up. You can zero and swap it to another rifle, taking note of what the numbers are for zero on each rifle. Just dial them in. In day time its just like a normal scope. Field tests are needed to set it up properly.