general hunting knife

phear

Outdoor edge razor pro or lite. Replacable blades .

Lite is without the gutting bade. break a buff down with one blade. Requires some effort to keep clean

Top Pro and bottom piranta, mouse sharpener

nI4dxJ.jpg

• Like 2

On 29/04/2021 at 3:20 PM, Trader said:

The diamonds wear of fairly quickly but its cheap and replaceable

I’d be surprised if the diamonds wore away?  Maybe the plate is getting clogged and just needs a rinse?  Or the diamonds come loose and fall out because it’s a cheapo?

I used to run Gerber shorties....but now opt for the Buck 110....great folding knife that holds an edge and very robust.....

The sharpener is a diamond steel that screws apart, goes inside itself and in its own pouch.....excellent for keeping an edge on your knife...light and small.....

MTkvlLT.jpg

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, grunf said:

Another vote for Buck 110 mate. I use it most out of all of my other knives.

Where did you get the sharpener?

Ebay mate....they are around the $60 mark.....can be a little hard to find on there from time to time.....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brinny said:

I used to run Gerber shorties....but now opt for the Buck 110....great folding knife that holds an edge and very robust.....

The sharpener is a diamond steel that screws apart, goes inside itself and in its own pouch.....excellent for keeping an edge on your knife...light and small.....

Brinny I have had the same diamond steel  for circa 40 years,they are a really good aid on site in the bush.

My Buck 110 is older Iiirc except the blade is a third the size of your knife now.

11 minutes ago, balltearer said:

Brinny I have had the same diamond steel  for circa 40 years,they are a really good aid on site in the bush.

My Buck 110 is older Iiirc except the blade is a third the size of your knife now.

They are a great bit of gear BT....can always keep your edge on your knife easily with them....

9 hours ago, Duncs said:

I’d be surprised if the diamonds wore away?  Maybe the plate is getting clogged and just needs a rinse?  Or the diamonds come loose and fall out because it’s a cheapo?

I think its the shitty glue they are stuck on with.