Again With The Binos

What are you intending to use them for?

I curretnly use 10X26 steiners in the field for walk about varminting mostly from 5m to 300m - which are tough and good. I leave the 8 X30 Leica's at home as to expensive for the rough treatmetn my bino's get

If buying again I would probably go 8X30 steiners. The reduction in magnification is limited but less twitchy especially when going to the 30mm objective - and I like steiners sports focus - which means not having to continually focus the bino's - making it easier to use one handed for periodic scans.The 8X30's are also of course better in low light

I curretnly use 10X26 steiners in the field for walk about varminting mostly from 5m to 300m - which are tough and good. I leave the 8 X30 Leica's at home as to expensive for the rough treatmetn my bino's get

Why own the Leicas if you dont use them ..are you saying that they are too good for the rough stuff or is the rough stuff too good for them? Hey how do you see through the 10X steiners at 5m?

An honest q`s.

I curretnly use 10X26 steiners in the field  for  walk about varminting mostly from 5m to 300m - which are tough and good. I leave the 8 X30 Leica's at home as to expensive for the rough treatmetn my bino's get

Why own the Leicas if you dont use them ..are you saying that they are too good for the rough stuff or is the rough stuff too good for them? Hey how do you see through the 10X steiners at 5m?

An honest q`s.

Whats at 5m gryph? Honest question

SSGA

I curretnly use 10X26 steiners in the field  for  walk about varminting mostly from 5m to 300m - which are tough and good. I leave the 8 X30 Leica's at home as to expensive for the rough treatmetn my bino's get

An honest q`s.

SSGA

read my post again SSGA,thats what im asking him,he`s quoting 5 m not me.

An honest q`s.

SSGA

read my post again SSGA,thats what im asking him,he`s quoting 5 m not me.

Thats what i am getting at.....if he can see at 5m - 300m without touching the auto focus they must be good bino's, but i dont get his comment about the lieca's either!!!

Hmm $400 bucks plus for basic set of bino's

SSGA

my Steiners at close range with the auto focus are not clear (unless set) 40 yards to infinity i have mine set for....why one would need binos set for closer than that has got me buggered.

my Steiners at close range with the auto focus are not clear (unless set) 40 yards to infinity i have mine set for....why one would need binos set for closer than that has got me buggered.

S$#t Gryph didn't realise you bought yourself a good quality product other than the "new shirt"! :P I mean i seen the 7mm winny (factory now closed due to product design flaws LOL) and the mexican made Loopy......whats next hehehehe

SSGA

I didnt buy the Steiners,a Yank mate gave them to me as a gift, makes them even better..and as far as the other two products you mentioned both have done me well for 30 years without fail...and will still continue to do so...pretty good isnt it, a lifetime of service from such inferior products and i dont just bring them out to show the boys i actually go out hunting with those products and thats over 100 plus days a year (thats just for sambar)...meanwhile i will keep racking and stacking with them...yep i`m just an ordinary fella with ordinary gear,i dont need the topline stuff that somepeople crave for.

The famous much vaunted Mauser 98(sporter) action hooked up to a Norma 308 mag chamber and barrel sits in my safe,i had Jack Milller do some work on it and then went out and rolled six sambar with it and then put it back in the safe and went back to the Winny,probably about 15 years ago and as far as i`m concerned its not a patch on the much inferior Winchester that serves me faithfully...get the drill?

I didnt buy the Steiners,a Yank mate gave them to me as a gift, makes them even better..and as far as the other two products you mentioned both have done me well for 30 years without fail...and will still continue to do so...pretty good isnt it, a lifetime of service from such inferior products and i dont just bring them out to show the boys i actually go out hunting with those products and thats over 100 plus days a year (thats just for sambar)...meanwhile i will keep racking and stacking with them...yep i`m just an ordinary fella with ordinary gear,i dont need the topline stuff that somepeople crave for.

The famous much vaunted Mauser 98(sporter) action hooked up to a Norma 308 mag chamber and barrel sits in my safe,i had Jack Milller do some work on it and then went out and rolled six sambar with it and then put it back in the safe and went back to the Winny,probably about 15 years ago and as far as i`m concerned its not a patch on the much inferior Winchester that serves me faithfully...get the drill?

I knew you'd bite gryph, esp about the steiners being a gift LOL too bad there was no nibble on the shirt, sometimes you have to admit new is better though......

<chuckle> <chuckle>

bud, only a poor tradie will blame his tools when they fail :unsure: Lets hope you got another 15yrs in ya for sambar hunting an the like......get the drill! :P

SSGA

Currently only own a set of MKI Eyeball - only 1 x zoom but when i pick something up with those then the Nikko Diamond 3-12x56 usually comes into play :D

Has anyone heard of galls or barska binos? I can get a pretty good deal on a set of barska atlantic 10 x 42 binos for $239 or gall 10 x 50 water proof binos for $199.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

NO

Has anyone heard of galls or barska binos? I can get a pretty good deal on a set of barska atlantic 10 x 42 binos for $239 or gall 10 x 50 water proof binos for $199.

Any thoughts?

Yep .........Buy the Steiners you won't be dissapointed :D

Makes you wonder dosent it Sam,some people ask for advice and when its given they still want to go out the cheaper nastier way for what amounts to only a few bucks more.

My advice from now on is save your money and only buy Swarofski,Zeiss, Leicas or Fujinon...havent heard of the F? One of the best bino`s in the world.

From now on there is no need for bino q`s :D:D:D:D:D