Bino Packs

I got that harness with my new 3D Carson binos but haven't even considered using it. I'm quite happy with a neck strap. I guess it would help if you are crawling about or running after game. Then again, I don't plan to do any running, crawling or belly flopping at my age. B)  Tripods rule !:bow:

C

I don't know what you mean by a bino pack, I use the "S4 Gear Lockdown X" bino harness. It's the only bino harness I have been completely happy with, holds them to your chest even when your crawling on hands and knees. They can't get in the way when shooting the bow. The lenses are covered when they are in the harness so your eye cups don't fill up if it's raining and the lenses are protected when your not using them. I brought them through abbey archery a few years ago. 

I don't know what you mean by a bino pack, I use the "S4 Gear Lockdown X" bino harness. It's the only bino harness I have been completely happy with, holds them to your chest even when your crawling on hands and knees. They can't get in the way when shooting the bow. The lenses are covered when they are in the harness so your eye cups don't fill up if it's raining and the lenses are protected when your not using them. I brought them through abbey archery a few years ago. 

Depending on brand, some call them harness which includes a small chest pack or some only have a harness without a pack. I have found a few I like but most are ex USA, can't seem to find to many in AUS

2 hours ago, Coily said:

Optic, ... how long have you had your Carsons and what's your opinion of them ?

Cheers,

C

Had them for years. I had 2 pair but the missus lost one, somehow. 10x50. I love mine. You need to shop around as the price varies from over $600.00 down to about $200.00

9 minutes ago, Duncs said:

S4 Lockdown X

https://www.abbeyarchery.com.au/p/S4SG00314/S4+Gear+LockDown+X+Optics+Deployment+System,+camo.html

Bloody great!!  I can (and usually do) wear it with a backpack as well.

That one looks good, Duncs

1 hour ago, ben338 said:

How do you fibd the tension free glassing on the s4?

The tension on a standard harness seems to help with keening the binos steady.

I had a cheaper version before the S4 and the tension was so high that keeping the glasses at eye level was a real fight so fatigue/shaking became an issue after a minute or so. Maybe I have a weird shaped head? (Shuddup all of you). 

Dont have the same problem with the S4. I can't remember if you can adjust it to be tighter 'cause I've never been tempted. I'd assume there would be a way - just make some straps shorter.