photon 6.5x50

sinbadpaul

Photo of the X bolt (.223) with my new photon night/day scope attached. ive also fitted a sun ranger IR so looking forward to having a go at some fox as soon as this crap weather clears up a bit.

Zeroing went well at 100yds in daylight, except for adjusting the scope  the wrong way before shooting a 3 shot group, FFS. Got to say for  budget scope it is really good, the IR is top quality so that helps,

.223 with the photon attached.jpg

photon zeroing.jpg

• Like 1

Ive ordered an angel eye DVR and lead set so I can plug it into the photon and record some footage Duncs. will post some up as soon as I can get it all up and running.;)

• Like 2

Thats pretty good Paul. How did you go getting a crisp target pitcher?  Neither Ian or myself could see it well enough to nail it on the money. Fury edge.

Thats why i went extreme. Im not sure what it will look like after the new lens is fitted. I hope its a big improvement. The shots would have all been killers.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 17dave said:

I'm also very keen to hear how you get on. Will you use it for detection as well as shooting or are you going to spot them with a torch and then go to ir mode for the kill ?

Ill use the lamp, to spot eyes then track them with the scope Dave, see how it goes.

21 hours ago, optic said:

Thats pretty good Paul. How did you go getting a crisp target pitcher?  Neither Ian or myself could see it well enough to nail it on the money. Fury edge.

Thats why i went extreme. Im not sure what it will look like after the new lens is fitted. I hope its a big improvement. The shots would have all been killers.

I'm quiet pleased with the image quality Richard. ill send you the footage of the lad who makes the sun rangers, shooting 2 foxes at 495yds with a doubler and the ranger. Got to be honest I bought mine with a tracer400IR and thought it was reasonable but the ranger is awesome,

• Like 1

These things have potential. Its just getting them there. The boys have done some good work with their up grades. Its the the 100 pound torch?

Impressive footage Paul.

Edited by optic
  • Like 1

Yeah £100 for a torch is expensive, but it really sharpens up the picture, and as you can adjust the brightness its usable at all distances, ive just bought a sheet of green gel film to fit over the eye piece to reduce the night blindness. ill see how much it affects it and decide whether to keep it on or not.

9 hours ago, 17dave said:

Any dead redcoats yet Sinbad ?

Not had the time or weather Dave, I took it to Scotland today as I had planned on stopping late and trying for a fox, but the sh1t weather must be following me around, the clouds dropped and the rain and wind made it a no go, good news when I got home, the angel eye has arrived, so ill get it on and working and have a sneak out before next weekend. Hopefully ill be able to put up some video footage. I had a look through it this morning in daylight and tracked a red stag out to 300yds before he went in a wood, and  I would have been happy taking the shot at 300yds so pretty happy with it.