Tropical camo gear

6 minutes ago, ofrn said:

hi guys anyone know of any tropical camo gear for use in nth qld rainforest country that Is cool enough not to sweat too death and preferably mozzie proof? Any rainforest hunters on here what are you guys wearing?

I don't think you can have both in the one outfit there ofrn. 

Airmesh covered in anti pong repellent might be the go.

Grant.

yer your prolly right I was thinking something along the lines of a lightweight full body camo light lycra suit type thing similar to what is used spearfishing up here. But I would be happy with just knowing a decent camo for use in the tropics doesn't have to be mossie proof

Hey mate, I found Tusx gear to be the best in hot climate, I'm from up there somewhere and tried heaps of gear.
I just cover myself in bushman, the animals will smell you anyway if the wind is wrong...pm me if you need any details or retailers, mate of mine is selling Tusx gear.

Goodluck!

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I'd rather wear thick clothing than put bushmans on, that stuff strips paint!

Maybe a mesh suit with a thermocell worn on a belt?

I've only used a thermocell in the boat or in camp they work really well, but no doubt are poison as well.

Used to use auscam, soaked in "peregin" (a pyrethrum product, made from daisies or similar).

Never had problems with it as far as skin rashes, but it worked on mozzies.

Not sure if the game you hunt will smell it, but use the Bushman or army issue DEET (same ingredient as Rid).

Fussy beat me to it so a +1 for soaking your clothes in pyrethrum (or similar). 

I walked the Kokoda Track with soaked clothes (shorts and tshirt) and got left alone. 

That way it lets you chose your gear without having to worry too much about mozzies. 

I've got a leafy suit I got from cabelas. Can't remember the brand name as I'm hopeless with names but it's basically just a mozzie mesh with leaves on it. It's very, very fresh. I often just wear a singlet and shorts under it. In winter I can layer up and still put that on. It's quite a dark leafy colour so is great in green, forestry areas.