Torches

Harrison

so many brand models that it can be confusing, big thing is how strong and how far the light throws makes the difference

https://www.liteshop.com.au/content/olight-m3xs-ut-javelot-ultra-throw-1km-range-led-torch what I;m looking at buying  later on in year when get few more spare coin.

15 minutes ago, ozrider81 said:

so many brand models that it can be confusing, big thing is how strong and how far the light throws makes the difference

https://www.liteshop.com.au/content/olight-m3xs-ut-javelot-ultra-throw-1km-range-led-torch what I;m looking at buying  later on in year when get few more spare coin.

One of those is on my wish list too.

Better deals are available although this one doesn't have the extension tube, you can pick one up for $10

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Olight-M2X-UT-Javelot-CREE-1020-Lum-XM-L2-LED-Brightness-Flashlight-Hunting-Pack-/262714239344?epid=1047549873&hash=item3d2afd2970:g:pTQAAOSwKOJYJVCe

These things are getting better and better. I run a Jetbeam MC40 I think they are as a spotting torch and switch to a Deerelight Nightmaster as my scope torch. It is an aspheric lens (no reflector) and focuses to a very tight spot beam. I can easily watch foxes at distances way more than I ever shoot. My only advice is half the distance they advertise and you will not be disappointed. Good luck, it becomes addictive.

I mount it with a quick connect scope mount so I can swap between rifles easily. Sorry, I dont have a handy photo of thhe set up.

tell me about it cannot stop looking now.

been looking at the Klarus FH10 you can swap from white to green to red easily by pushing a button left to right depending on which colour you want.

it would be super useful instead of having to swap reflectors out.

this is the kit I was looking at

https://www.ledtorchshop.com.au/klarus-fh10-multi-color-rechargeable-gun-kit-700-lumens-500-meters.html

Anyone have any comment on the Ledlenser lights? The P7 or P10 look like good options, not sure if they will mount easy or not but I like the power and battery life not to mention 7 year warranty. 

Anyone have any comment on the Ledlenser lights? The P7 or P10 look like good options, not sure if they will mount easy or not but I like the power and battery life not to mention 7 year warranty. 

I used to like my p7 until I upgraded to a wolf eyes , Sh!ts all over the ledlenser, remote switch screws onto the back easy, only thing is it focuses down to a square beam but that's not a problem for me either .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tassieshooter said:

I used to like my p7 until I upgraded to a wolf eyes , Sh!ts all over the ledlenser, remote switch screws onto the back easy, only thing is it focuses down to a square beam but that's not a problem for me either .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats interesting, thanks for that. I had not thought about the wolf eyes. Will check it out.

I've ran quite quite few different brands and models of the last few years on the fox. 

Wolfeyes SeaLion Hunter- good torch, comes with two heads, one aspheric lens that gives tight spot and one spot with spread.

Solarforce M9- very bright long thrower with spot and spill. I still use it from time to time and is my back up rifle light.

Olight M2X-UT Javelot- Awesome bright thrower with spot and spill beam pattern. Running two batteries with optional battery extension tube. 

Olight M3X Javelot- Very similar but slightly better performer than the M2X-UT. Has a separate brightness mode switch on the side of the head. Slightly different colour light to M2X, a little warmer or not as stark white is how I would describe it. Awesome performer as far as throw goes. 

I also have one of Fenring's Mark II Houndlights and it is run in tandem with the M2X using the green pill for closer or light shy foxes. Here's a photo of the .204 set with both lights. Top one is the HoundLight with red pill being used and the bottom light is the Olight M2X-UT. 

A83C854C-FDDD-4315-A139-8F552C3BF4F5_zps