Bino Chest Pack - Moroka

Thought I’d throw this up for anyone considering bino chest packs. Have been chasing one for some time, finally pulled the pin and purchased one from Moroka. It arrived by post today, and so far I’m pretty impressed.

ea0d3d24f559982cb264d1d298a7dc60.jpg

Plenty of room and holds a decent amount of gear. It also came with two pouches that can be side mounted, these fit my radio and GPS

561eb1defe75cc96d0f09bfa5b2c8d4d.jpg

ef99ea97fe611072d87e4a3b76e0aca6.jpg

8e03ddab15a455c9ad9e5e3edabdb893.jpg

It has a magnetic front pouch, of which I was Initially hesitant about, concerned it wouldn’t hold. From the feel of it, it seems to be stronger than first thought, takes a bit of pressure to open it by hand. Will be interested to see how it holds up when snagged up in the scrub.

f59b22ebf8f2cf6577b74ba58b7355e8.jpg

It has many compartments (some zippered), one of which has a 10 ammo loops.

27d531d6aa75e92fc3862a31f7e6c1fb.jpg

The harness system is low profile and comfy to wear, also came with bag attachments if you want to drop the harness when wearing a back pack. I do a good mix of both, so a handy option to have.

bcb31d7e669aa504634775b53e1eb287.jpg

881af5f05b3d24af629b909ecaf73318.jpg

First impressions without going bush, I think it will be a good addition to the kit. Keen to get out in the bush and give this pack a proper run!

Cheers,

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey Matt, Thanks for sharing. Would you mind providing a picture of the back/mounting configuration of the GPS pouch (ideally with a ruler against the strap)? I have a Badlands bino case that I am pretty happy with but looking for a GPS pouch that will attach to the side of it the same way its mounted in your picture. Is it fastened with velcro or push stud/button? 

I have the Garmin 64S the same as you and appears to fit in that pouch no worries. 

How noisy is the zip? 

Ive got one of these and there pretty good, i also bought the geko bag they offer. Which means i can drop the harness for the chest rig and attach it straight to the bag with the extra straps supplied by moroka.

Its been thought out well but to me, the geko bag is a wee bit small, it needed to be a couple of liters bigger

Enjoy it mate, over all im happy with it, one thing though, the weight adds up pretty quickly hanging off your chest, i dont go nuts throwing heaps of crap in there & i dont use the ammo pouches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Matt, Thanks for sharing. Would you mind providing a picture of the back/mounting configuration of the GPS pouch (ideally with a ruler against the strap)? I have a Badlands bino case that I am pretty happy with but looking for a GPS pouch that will attach to the side of it the same way its mounted in your picture. Is it fastened with velcro or push stud/button? 
I have the Garmin 64S the same as you and appears to fit in that pouch no worries. 
How noisy is the zip? 

Hi mate,

Strap is double velcro, feels nice and strong. Zip is pretty quiet, easy to move.

2382ddea8a61f72b725058fbff132c31.jpg

829b12bb676f0d271f951b1df54c8c50.jpg

a5fc05d7bbb87eaa89e6547baf282999.jpg

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

Ive got one of these and there pretty good, i also bought the geko bag they offer. Which means i can drop the harness for the chest rig and attach it straight to the bag with the extra straps supplied by moroka.

Its been thought out well but to me, the geko bag is a wee bit small, it needed to be a couple of liters bigger

Enjoy it mate, over all im happy with it, one thing though, the weight adds up pretty quickly hanging off your chest, i dont go nuts throwing heaps of crap in there & i dont use the ammo pouches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m yet to attach to my bag, I run a couple of different packs (non Moroka), so hopefully it will fit.

Great advice, not to fill it with crap. Learnt that the hard way when first out backpacking years ago, lol less is best!

Thanks heaps for that Matt. That is exactly what I needed. I was planning on calling into their shop to check measurements but you have just saved me a trip! 

It looks like good gear, I am sure you will get a lot of use out of it all. 

I did buy some of their Gators back a while ago and am pretty happy with them so far. 

Interesting.

Whats the cost of these?

I was looking at a smaller verson from vortex just the other day.

I was initially looking at the vortex until I saw the Moroka on a face book post.

There’s a few options which varies the price,

pack & harness $190

+ 2 x pouches & straps for back pack mount $249,

+ 3ltr hydration pack $299.

Cheers

I mentioned in my OP about not having to run a harness under your pack. I snapped a couple of pics with it on my pack.

Two top straps just clip onto your shoulder harness

0f435835c49108206e3223d80f095f00.jpg

Two bottom clips attach to your bottom straps with a slider

dfb4d488296dc6f733bfbd026a41e694.jpg

It felt pretty comfy with it on the pack, not restrictive with a fair bit of adjustment.

Cheers

Matt

Got one and have given it a good whirl in the bush.
It went great. I have the rhino in the left radio pouch and epirb in the right storage. Range finder in the front and spare radio batt and head lamp in bottom compartment.
I also have my phone in the zipped pocket inside with my binos. Enough room also for gopro next to my 8x42 binos and spare batts in the front flap. I also wear the safari sling and it sits great. Not obstructing raising the rifle to shoot.
After the week it had minimal bits n pieces stuck in it. And pretty much none inside.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk