Back pack recommendations

Pat,

just a couple of thoughts external pack frames like the outdoorsman have the tendency to get caught up in trees especially if your pushing through a bit of thick stuff. Worth having a look at Macpac as well they come on sale 2-3 times a year for 50% off bloody good buying at that rate.

cheers

• Thanks 1

problem with lightweight hiking packs is the fabric is too light for going through scrub, i have an osprey aether 85 as a general purpose pack.

When hunting and need to carry out meat i take my old Badlands 2200 ? can't remember model it is very large and tough, only problem is i think it is made for larger frame blokes, which i'm not, when that expires i'll go for a moroka pack

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Tassieshooter said:

Hi pat

ive got a new 85L black wolf McKinley here if you want a look or use it sometime 

Thanks Tassieshooter, the Black Wolf pack have been popular with a fair few of the members on here, the feedback has been great, a lot of experienced feedback Cheers Pat.

14 hours ago, barron said:

problem with lightweight hiking packs is the fabric is too light for going through scrub, i have an osprey aether 85 as a general purpose pack.

When hunting and need to carry out meat i take my old Badlands 2200 ? can't remember model it is very large and tough, only problem is i think it is made for larger frame blokes, which i'm not, when that expires i'll go for a moroka pack

Cheers Barron, I haven't had the opportunity to try on to many packs, so I only have limited experience with the old pack I currently have. But I think if I invested in a  Moroka I would like to try one on first and test it out, see how it feels.

On ‎1‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, Gibbo 30.06 said:

Just another brand to throw your way a mate was talking about them today.... Exo mountain gear, they make dedicated hunting packs 

Thanks Gibbo, I saw some pics on FB with guys using Exo packs, they were pretty stoked with them, Pat