Sea2Summit-Thermolite Reactor, Extreme Bag Liner

HDTV

gday-

a while ago i might of asked around in regards to the sleeping bag liners to boost a bag for additional warmth.

prior to the gatta hunt, with intentions to pack out into the cold valleys, i set about researching the liners and in the end i purchased a thermolite reactor extreme bag liner......

i got to use it/test it out an my previously -2 rated bag, withstood the freezing temps to keep me well warm to sleep all night into the pre dawn glow.

reviews were varied, some saying not worth it, some saying good but no +15 temp advantage/gain, an some loved theirs.

some use the bag as a summer sleeping bag in tents,on hikes etc....   

i coupled my liner inside the bag which is inside the gortx bivvy bag,    got to say theres no cold slap to the face when ya first get in!  warms upreally quick.

id be confident in undertaking some winter back packing with this combo

happy days!

http://seatosummit.com/product/reactor-thermolite-mummy-liner/

WL

Edited by WHilly the Lad

Good little review there WL, can you leave the liner in your sleeping bag and still fit it all in the one stuff sack. My old down bag isn't worth a pinch of salt without a liner now but my liner is to thick to pack it all together. 

28 minutes ago, Gibbo 30.06 said:

Good little review there WL, can you leave the liner in your sleeping bag and still fit it all in the one stuff sack. My old down bag isn't worth a pinch of salt without a liner now but my liner is to thick to pack it all together. 

not sure, my bag is kind of large so i roll it up an try compress it with rope , then still put the liner into the stuff sack, liner takes up next to no room.

don't know what brand mine is will check it out when i unpack things but does work quite well, might be a psychological thing too at it feels great and of course keeps the bag clean.

I like the cold weather but do get very cold and i'm a cold sleeper so any help to make things warmer is appreciated.