What a razor sharp hunting knife can do

Midwestman

Was out chasing and hu ting feral goats on Tuesday,shot a nanny got to her and she had 2kids so decided too neck them in the process it moved and put my trusty Gerber straight thru my thumb. So good in fact got transferred from Orange Base Hospital to RPA in Sydney. The funny thing was Big Ozzie Jim rang me just after I done it had a quick chat but I'm all good other than surgery tomorrow and being in Sh#tney but also a big thanks to Hilldogs and Profty and there great you tube videos keeping me entertauned. You should've look on the inner west Drs and nurses when I told them what happened was priceless wish I recorded it ah city folk hahaha 

IMG_20180529_161158.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks Gibbo nah not the first time,the other scars from a pig tusk while sticking it,life in the bush is pretty brutal sometimes, but lucky I'm OK at fixing myself up hahaha then off too hospital hahaha. My mates driving my 4wd Ute down so will call in and have a beer with you Gibbo hope you been well bro

Thanks guys,I'm actually a lefty Duncs I always hold the few Al's with my strongest hand and cut with my right,maybe should change that hahaha. Still awaiting surgery. Yeah the city folk all squirm when I tell them,I enjoy the looks on there faces, the think I'm some barbaric redneck hahaha. But one of nurses is hot and Nepalese and she's like a farm I love farming and eating goats, so I said jokingly but meant it you can come back too my place and be my home nurse change dressing etc and I'll get you a nice goat and cook I feed up for you,she actually laughed and said I'm on holidays in 2weeks flirting so said perfect is it deal then. Waiting for a response back hahaha. I'll be healed right on time for Eildon and Dartmouth can't wait hahaha.

Hahaha yeah I know Dave,guess I just have to much fun land too leave it thou hahaha. That's why I'm single dinner date or hunting ah I think hunting,too afraid to get a missus too set in my ways plus don't want anyone to stop me from hunting and fishing got a great blue heeler  hahaha. 

Had the surgery on the thumb lucky too still have it really, out of hospital now and very impressed with the job by all Drs involved. Now back to life on the land. Hi hanks for all the posts too,other peoples accidents can be other people laughter sometimes within reason. Hahaha

IMG_20180605_132204.jpg

19 hours ago, 17dave said:

Great tip BOJ.

Hearing you Midwest. But a keeper is good to have around.  No doubt they will shit you from time to time,  but worth putting up with.  

Damn straight Dave the ones from the bush or grown up tough will never hold you back hunting wise.

In Nepal I dare say hunting goat is like going to the local shops, got to love that. Girl might show you a trick or 2 ;)

1 hour ago, Midwestman said:

Had the surgery on the thumb lucky too still have it really, out of hospital now and very impressed with the job by all Drs involved. Now back to life on the land. Hi hanks for all the posts too,other peoples accidents can be other people laughter sometimes within reason. Hahaha

Lose any feeling or are the nerves all ok?

I’ve got limited feeling in my left thumb. Pretty handy for holding onto hot things :)

lost some feeling(nerve damage)&movement Duncs,it will be about 50% what it used to be,but better than not having it,doing the ol massage the squash ball trick.no pain thou,just numb but as said will get some feeling and use back,at least wasn't the trigger finger hahaha.

1 hour ago, Midwestman said:

lost some feeling(nerve damage)&movement Duncs,it will be about 50% what it used to be,but better than not having it,doing the ol massage the squash ball trick.no pain thou,just numb but as said will get some feeling and use back,at least wasn't the trigger finger hahaha.

Get used to fumbling your keys etc ?

And do the physio work (don’t get lazy) it’s worth it to get back some strength and flexibility