Bino harnesses

I know there's plenty of info on the subject here but there seems to be an influx of new harnesses on the market at the moment.  Most of the big name brands have a new design out.  

I've only ever used an elastic strappy sort of one and I find it fine but I'm interested in hearing the benefits of the newer styles with a whole pouch/bag sitting on your chest. 

Do they get in the road when on hands and knees going under stuff or sit well? 

Are they a hassle to get the binos out of every 2 mins while stalking ?

Can u fit a couple of snacks or the GPS ect in there as well ?

Cheers 

I have use two types of bino harness syestems, the Solo hunter and Marsupial gear

Both strap to your chest so they are close to your body, so if you are on your hand and knees they don't get in the way, they protect your binos from the rain or scrub

Both harness have a lid with magnets, so when you open the harness the lid stays open out of the way, until you need to put your bino away, I found this system works without any issues

I have attached a additional pouch to the side of the harness, so that a gps or a range finder can be accessed easily. Marsupial gear made a pouch specifically for the Garmin Rino

Anyway, I found these two types of bino harness system works well, they make carrying/protecting/using your binos easy. Well worth the money

Cheers

Pat

• Like 1

I've been using the Sitka harness for a while now, the only reason I upgraded to a pouch style harness over the S4 gear harness was because I brought swarvo's and I wanted a bit of extra protection around them. 

IMG_5582.JPG.6c8ca6aa1077780bc92a421fe40c150f.JPG

it doesn't have much room for anything else in it just 2 elastic pockets on either side, I put a wing gauge in one side.

IMG_5583.JPG.6ad6085aa9b6312cb5d924973195deeb.JPG

then it has a small pocket on either side inside which I have a wipe cloth in

IMG_5584.JPG.599ab3bc401b18042bc152b8fe75ec4c.JPG

I'm liking the Sitka harness it holds it up against your chest when you crawling and having it zipped up gives the bino's way more protection than the old S4 harness. When using them I just leave the pouch open and it has a magnet to hold the front flap down which makes them easily accessible.

Another good bit of gear is that crooked horn range finder holder and it would connect to most bino harnesses pretty easily. I'm sure some people have wondered why I have a range finder when I have range finding bino's but when I'm bow hunting if I have an animal close I'd rather use 1 hand to use a small range finder than put my bow down and use both hands on my bino's.

Also I'm not bagging the S4 harness, the only reason I changed was cos I wanted more protection for my bino's the S4 harness is also a great light harness and the elastic latch is probably a better option than having to unzip a bino case if your left it zipped up and need them out. 

• Like 1

I've got the Moroka30 bino carrier. I wear it with its harness system. Easy to unclip at all for points and light enough that you cant feel it under your backpack straps. Also comes with clips if you want to incorporate it into your pack straps. I haven't needed them. The main pocket is held closed with strong magnets. Main compartment is very roomy and fits my 10x42 easily with room to spare.

Has good storage for range finder and small things in front pockect. A larger bottom pocket which holds my snacks, tape spare radio batt etc. Windicator in front mesh pocket. It has a good pocket inside for your phone and behind that are loops for spare rounds. The main flap has a mesh pocket inside where I keep spare gopro batteries.

I purchased the radio holder which is made to suit the Rino750. It straps and Velcros securly to the side. I also purchased a zip up pouch which straps and velcros to the other side where I keep my personal locating beacon. In the bottom I keep snacks, spare Rino batt, cloth and lense cleaner and tape.

I have yet to have water get inside. Water does pool a little above the front pocket. I carry a shower cap if the rain gets to heavy.

You get a bit of fogging on phone and binos when your body starts heating up, mainly on those big up hill climbs. A tissue comes in handy.

I think I brought all three as a combo deal. Was quite pricey but it is well worth

As for comfort and useability very good. You can adjust it to fit snug. And the flap wont open if crawling. I use a safari sling and my rifle sits comfortably across it with out blocking access to all pockets. Binos slide in and out easily and the magnets make it a nearly silent procces. Cheers

d0948b11a2a9430419c0f6b1f04207d4.jpgdec0efa5c75595262a885fc8a546a3cf.jpgc44601e53820fd3e344ece4933d0030a.jpg2c077a3a330e784b73c27ab887b454d1.jpg96a3d7acc02a9a4a95e777ef937648d9.jpg86634a75d4a8020b2c10af47465d16b9.jpg04dc858940ff0ceda055557159abd7ae.jpg7557f908d9a9e9a1be30fb96f8fc6db2.jpg8b35449a08b3745a894335c68bc12e37.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 6

especially when Mr BIG beats you again lol

Seriously DONT use tissues on your glass,use a soft cloth instead.
Ahh yeah, tissues are for crying because I followed the deer sign to the bottom of the gully[emoji26][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Awesome info fellas,  exactly what I needed rather than the usual speil we get with the product by the makers.   

I've just spent a bit of time looking up all the different brands you have all used or are using and they all look like they'd suit my needs perfectly.  

I'll be keeping my eye out and if/when I see one on sale or the right price I'll jump on it.  

Cheers 

They do hold the binos close to your chest, no dangling if on all 4s etc.
Dont take much to put away/take out.
Leave out of the pouch when using regularly, put away if its raining or pushing bush, gets annoying having to clean ur binos all the time when crap drops onto the lenses without the pouch.