Crooked Horn safari sneakers stalking shoes

One bloke on a review site suggested

Crooked Horn Outfitters Safari Sneakers Bottom of the Safari Sneakers after walking in the desert

One thing I noticed about the Safari Sneakers is they pick up just about everything in the desert. As annoying as this is, I don’t think that it impacts how quiet they are in any serious way. As a precautionary measure, I only where them on a stalk, and at the end of the season, I take an hour or two and try and clean them up as best as I can before storing them for the next hunting season.

I have also heard and read of other hunters using their Safari Sneakers as a layer over their boots for warmth while on stand. Although never having personally done this, I imagine if it was cold enough, these might help out a bit.

36 minutes ago, balltearer said:

One bloke on a review site suggested

Crooked Horn Outfitters Safari Sneakers Bottom of the Safari Sneakers after walking in the desert

One thing I noticed about the Safari Sneakers is they pick up just about everything in the desert. As annoying as this is, I don’t think that it impacts how quiet they are in any serious way. As a precautionary measure, I only where them on a stalk, and at the end of the season, I take an hour or two and try and clean them up as best as I can before storing them for the next hunting season.

I have also heard and read of other hunters using their Safari Sneakers as a layer over their boots for warmth while on stand. Although never having personally done this, I imagine if it was cold enough, these might help out a bit.

Thanks BT - are they stable under foot ? Do they slide under your boot on slopes or rocks at all?

7 hours ago, Dave9.3x62 said:

Oh sorry BT - I see you quoted another review, initially I thought that was your review.

I see them for us sambar hunters as a bit gimmicky, I imagine that the berry canes would sort them out fairly quickly but for padding along a nice clean game trail they could be ok...but where does one find a  nice clean game trail in our sambar bush?

• Like 3

I have been known to wear a pair of Diving booties from time to time when stalking, particularly if things are very wet, I hate wet boots but I find the booties are ok when wet. They are very quiet, keep your feet warm and you can feel every stick under foot before you snap it. Th epic shows a zip up pair but I prefer strait slip on, no problem wearing a thin pair of socks with the either.

Image result for neoprene booties

Edited by Chris Wood