ALDI range finder

I was wondering the same.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Haven’t had anything to do with the Aldi ones. But bolt action productions on YouTube did a review of them might be worth a look if your interested. He gave it a alright wrap. 

I got one last year, good up to 500m (says 800m on the box). batterys still going and isnt bad in low light

I have borrowed a vortex rangefinder and its 100% $200 better but for the cost and being ALDI I would buy another. 

Yes, buy it. I use mine on the weekend for distance measuring for zeroing. I also use it in the field for sit and wait situations where I want to know the range of several points in the distance. I've had mine a couple of years now it's good value. I seem to remember the box claiming 800m. I could never get that, max was 500m.

Grant.

Tried mine out (my local Aldi had a line up before opening- i got the second last one 3 minutes after opening)- seems to be fine, gave it a run on some trees at dusk in the backyard out to 200M away in the half light and it takes a reading no probs- I dont trust my shooting much past that anyway , mainly bought it so im not tempted to take a stupid shot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaddyT said:

Tried mine out (my local Aldi had a line up before opening- i got the second last one 3 minutes after opening)- seems to be fine, gave it a run on some trees at dusk in the backyard out to 200M away in the half light and it takes a reading no probs- I dont trust my shooting much past that anyway , mainly bought it so im not tempted to take a stupid shot.

It claims to take a reading out 1000 mt  I will  have to Chex it that out    But I don't think so   :startle:

As per distance claims,  even my Redfield doesnt do 600 very often... good days get 500.

Realistically ,  300+ is a long way an needs more than a range finder to poke game with.

The rangeys just help to know weather you are in range or out of range.. if out then how far to get in range :);)

Having one helps your eye without one when guessing distance after a while.

Will be keen to hear how Aldi goes on its claim fellas

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hillybanger said:

As per distance claims,  even my Redfield doesnt do 600 very often... good days get 500.

Realistically ,  300+ is a long way an needs more than a range finder to poke game with.

The rangeys just help to know weather you are in range or out of range.. if out then how far to get in range :);)

Having one helps your eye without one when guessing distance after a while.

Will be keen to hear how Aldi goes on its claim fellas

388 yards on  a telegraph pole 485 yards on a tree  top  Just a fast chex so far  4PM

More then I need with my 222 rem HB with the T36 On top  :crazysmile:

Edited by christopher a