Quick result

niteowl

Surely this has got to be the quickest result around. One of our members ordered a thermal scope on the 15th (from South West WA) to go to a town up the coast in Queensland. It arrived today, it is now mounted, sighted, and I just received a photo of the first pig!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 17dave said:

Who would have known thermals were so fast ?

Ya just gotta know where to buy 'em.  ?

• Haha 1

Geez... can’t complain about that mate....but of course we can ALWAYS count on superb service from the dealer in question....

7 hours ago, Duncs said:

Onya Dutchy!! 

Or was it Christopher a? ?

Ha ha... your a bad man Duncs....

Ok I take the blame for that...

My side of the story; 

On a 3 month shooting contract here in nth qld now, shooting pigs of sorghum crops.

I have a thermal monocular mounted on the remote handle on my side x side,  and can find pigs in crops and stubble, but they're too hard to pick up with my nightvision and spotlight scares em away.

Long story short, I talked to Brinny and he put me onto niteowl. I gave him a ring on Friday morning and had a yarn about models, options and what he adviced me. The hardest part was to convince the missus...

So...a long weekend of vacuum cleaning,  dishes,  cleaning windows,  washing her wagon and other things I cant say on here??....I got the ok to buy it.

I contacted Niteowl on Monday morning,  he knew I was in a bit of a hard situation and in hurry, so everything was arranged In NO time!

Scope arrived from W.A. to far north qld on Thursday arvo. Mounted the scope on my T3x varmint in .243, easy job. Out to the job for a night shift , sighted it in (after some good old Dutch swearing?), it's not that hard if you're not in a hurry and stuff up 3 times..lol...

Anyway,  got it zeroed,  and results are, 6 boars in a night and half...out of the sorghum and stubble. I might've only shot 1 of these if I didn't have the new thermal scope.

So, from here, a BIG thanks to Niteowl for the good and quick service, you're a legend! Also thanks to Brinny for helping me out with this adventure. 

Few of the pigs.....

Cheers, Dutchy 

20190418_204310.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1