Garmin rino 750 maps

Dave9.3x62

I recently purchased a new rino 750 without maps, wife doesnt know ha ha. Great unit but it has the crappiest base map Ive ever seen and Im guessing to motivate owners to buy their expensive maps!.

But I bought the latest 2016 Garmin Aus & NZ Topo maps, V5 for $35 from a seller on Ebay as I resent paying $200 for garmin genuine. The seller tuned out to an absolute cock head, the SD card he sold me didnt load and it shuts the unit down every time I try to load. Im sorting this out with ebay now.

My question to all you knowledgeable people is  have you any hints or tips about maps, what maps are you running in your garmins and can you recommend a better map option please? ?

Hey mate!

Great units, I've had the 650 for a few years now and very happy with it. 

I agree, you're paying big money for the genuine maps. There are refurbs going around for cheaper ( I think you ran into just a dodgey dude) but I'm not sure if you buy a refurb if it voids the warranty (on the unit)? 

I personally use the lite version of the topo maps which is cheaper($89) however has 20m contour lines instead of 10m! (I think! at work so I can't check my unit At the moment  ) 

Edited by Dom_4

Thanks Dom. Id seen the lite version and I reckon your right, but I wasnt sure what it was lite on and Im not sure if the 20m contours would piss me off or not.

How do you find the contours - ok?

Edited by Dave9.3x62

Another with shonky maps. Had for a few years know and work fine. Goood thing is its free.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk