Spotting scope recommendations

Just wondering what spotting scopes people are using ,thinking of buying one mid range price 

Just changed my mind on spotting scopes after using Watto's swaro's in NZ. Only problem is the price.

looking at the Zeiss conquest Gavia 85 30-60. Anyone used the Zeiss?

Not as light weight as the swaro's.

One thing for certain when it comes to SC`s if it isnt of a really decent quality and you want to use it in big country under hunting conditions  well dont even think of buying it.

And a decent one is a lot of money that will sit in your safe for the best part of every year.

You have to ask "how many times will I use it?"

33 minutes ago, balltearer said:

One thing for certain when it comes to SC`s if it isnt of a really decent quality and you want to use it in big country under hunting conditions  well dont even think of buying it.

And a decent one is a lot of money that will sit in your safe for the best part of every year.

You have to ask "how many times will I use it?"

Thats about where Im at.... is it worth the outlay for once a year.

On 30/06/2019 at 7:41 AM, 264 said:

Just changed my mind on spotting scopes after using Watto's swaro's in NZ. Only problem is the price.

looking at the Zeiss conquest Gavia 85 30-60. Anyone used the Zeiss?

Not as light weight as the swaro's.

Mick, I bought a pair of 10x40 zeiss binos recently. It was the cheaper end of the range at about $700 but the glass is excellent. If they are anything to go by the spotting scope should be ace.