New glass - Maven c.1 10x42

Just arrived today.  First binos, so I don't really have much to compare to. That said, clarity is amazing!

Going bush later this week, hoping to go find some bunnies, so will get to put it through it's paces a bit more.

IMG_20190820_123756.jpg

IMG_20190820_123819.jpg

• Like 3

You were talking about comparing binos.

I dont use binos but got 10x42 diamondbacks, last week i had the chance of comparing my mates 8x30? Swaros. Sitting on the roofrack side by side glassing a few hills at different distant. The comparison between the 2 I put down as mine were 1080 and his were 4k. 

Interesting what i saw between $400 and 2g? Binos. Wonder where the maven sit between price and quality between the other 2 mentioned brands

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, samburstalker said:

I dont use binos but got 10x42 diamondbacks, last week i had the chance of comparing my mates 8x30? Swaros. Sitting on the roofrack side by side glassing a few hills at different distant. The comparison between the 2 I put down as mine were 1080 and his were 4k. 

Interesting what i saw between $400 and 2g? Binos. Wonder where the maven sit between price and quality between the other 2 mentioned brands

So how did they compare SS?

48 minutes ago, samburstalker said:

It was definitely a toss up between diamondbacks and the mavens. In the end, all the reviews where comparing the maven favourably against the vipers, which are a step up from the diamondbacks!  Since Maven have the same warranty as vortex, I figured it would be a winner.

7 hours ago, Dave9.3x62 said:

ok, what about clarity, colour and definition etc?

Imagine watching tv in 1080"diamondbacks" then watching a 4k tv"swaros",  you can watch both but 4k is way better. 

Diddnt matter what we compared it was the same. Another thing he mentioned with the swaros. It seems that very little adjustment was needed to get a clear picture from close up to out to a 1000m?

Diamond backs had to keep swinging the wheel

27 minutes ago, balltearer said:

Those Mavens will serve you well,look after them and dont drop them.

Got a good harness? If not get one...pref (imo) unfettered by being in a bag right when you want to use them......like stupid scope caps on a hunting rifle WHEN stalking

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01M6V7K9Q/ref=pe_2361882_283709292_TE_3p_dp_1  I've got one of these on the way.  I want a bag for the sake of protection, as I expect the kids will want to tool around with this too.

SS - interesting to hear your reflections.  We'll see how I go with these!  I'm prone to getting motion sickness at times, so will have to learn to pace myself with binos anyway :D

mavern comparing swaro is a little apple orange brother,  you didnt mention theres $$2500 difference between the two   :P    how much more did you need too see an at what extra cost per minute of glassing work in the field- only to raise a scope that was out of use 5 minutes ago in terms of identification , clarity and focus..?  imo its good to have a ok set of binos with a bit better scope on the rifle ,  
example kind of goes along the lines of sit wait hunting an the mob dont come out until just before dark , its cool to use the binos to locate the noises in the scrub an pin point whee they may come out, the in those final moments of light you are better off set up behind the rifle scope incase that stag does come out or if he doesnt you might take the hind today? last arvo hunt of the trip. etc

anything 10x40 range is guna be fairly adequate for most cases of game hunting an day to day looking at stuff

• Like 2

15 hours ago, samburstalker said:

Imagine watching tv in 1080"diamondbacks" then watching a 4k tv"swaros",  you can watch both but 4k is way better. 

Diddnt matter what we compared it was the same. Another thing he mentioned with the swaros. It seems that very little adjustment was needed to get a clear picture from close up to out to a 1000m?

Diamond backs had to keep swinging the wheel

Righto, I understand now. 1080 is good enough for my eyes - and budget.

My impressions:

wow!  These things are amazing.  Mind you, these are the first quality binoculars I've ever owned, so don't have anything to compare it to.

Clear, crisp, easy to look through, easy to carry.

IMG-20190823-153847.jpg

IMG-20190823-154737.jpg

IMG-20190823-164414.jpg

I even managed to get my mobile phone up to them, these were taken just holding the binos and phone in my hand, lining them up and then pointing at the bunnies...

I just got a bino harness, so can't wait for next outing!

• Like 1