Ebay Back Pack, anyone?

HDTV

I found the straps came unstitched when they had any serious weight in me those Ebay chinese rigs. The straps were only attached at the shoulders with a cotton double stitch, no overlap or bracing.

4 minutes ago, huntsmart said:

See those huge savings on the bulk purchases ?

hahaha i noticed that.... i was goin to ask around but then seen the whopping savings.

Trader-  cool to know, i know a lady with industrial sewing machine,  ill check it out before use!!

thanks

worst case just a gear bag for trips

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trader said:

I found the straps came unstitched when they had any serious weight in me those Ebay chinese rigs. The straps were only attached at the shoulders with a cotton double stitch, no overlap or bracing.

EFFN too right,I have a brand new one here that was stitched the same and it effed up after 2 or 3 runs.  Not being able to see it in the flesh pre ordering can be a problem.

The rest of the pack is as good as but that stitching is abysmal....wtf were they thinking!

Cheap shit like that has no place in the bush at all.

10 minutes ago, Canguro said:

Whack some rivets through the stitching, she'll be right :D

That's pretty tempting .... at $25...

Did you go the 30L or the 80L ?

Canguro went the 80 jobby for a look see..

Been a bit upset yesterday after losing a couple years of hard drive media ? 

So had to do some relief Shoppingg!

Ended up being $39. For 80L

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, balltearer said:

Cheap shit like that has no place in the bush at all.

Depending of course,.  

There is a place for this stuff, perhaps not for super duper serious hunntin fellas .

The 30ltr would make a great day pack, providing the pack got out into a sewing Lady for $10 an had it stitched up too scratch.

My Blackwolf pack is next level up but also about $200 more,. Then Exos an the like are next level again at $600.

Should look good sitting next to a sleeping Stag I'd assume ?

Hardest part was picking the colour scheme ha

I had a look and if you get what you see in the pics the straps look pretty good to me. I thought about buying four of them for grand kids etc BUT will wait for your appraisal or see it in the flesh myself when you get yours.

If they can build a half decent quality for those prices   its GOODBYE all the rest.

• Like 1

Pack arrived today (30L).

The good:

- Doesn't seem too bad! It's all fairly light weight materials (and the buckles are rubbish plastic), but for that money, it should last a few years.  

- The stitching isn't horrible.  It'll be interesting to see whether the stitching, the zips or the buckles will fail first.

- So cheap.  Even if I have to buy another one every year or two, I'm still ahead in $$ over 10 years compared to some others.

- The layout looks good - can open the main section right up, so should be good for packing / accessing.

The not so good:

- Size is pretty small.  The waist strap sits across my stomach rather than hips, so that's useless.

- The zips are super noisy - easy enough to fix.

- Overall quality certainly doesn't feel premium, however for the price, that was always going to be the case!

Will take it out next walkabouts in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Canguro
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Canguro said:

Pack arrived today (30L).

The good:

- Doesn't seem too bad! It's all fairly light weight materials (and the buckles are rubbish plastic), but for that money, it should last a few years.  

- The stitching isn't horrible.  It'll be interesting to see whether the stitching, the zips or the buckles will fail first.

- So cheap.  Even if I have to buy another one every year or two, I'm still ahead in $$ over 10 years compared to some others.

- The layout looks good - can open the main section right up, so should be good for packing / accessing.

The not so good:

- Size is pretty small.  The waist strap sits across my stomach rather than hips, so that's useless.

- The zips are super noisy - easy enough to fix.

- Overall quality certainly doesn't feel premium, however for the price, that was always going to be the case!

Will take it out next walkabouts in a couple of weeks.

cant really complain and those complaints arnt too much, like ya say somewhat expected for the price...
i dont think you will have too much weight in day pack to worry much about weight bearing on the hip straps, majority of small packs are just shoulder strap jobs.  so thats all cool.

noisey zips are cool,   only in the heat of moment is noisey zips an issue but just dont unzip while stalking on a deer LOL

your spot on about the price V longevity,   i bought a nbackpack off a corner store in China once for bugger all,  its still in the pile of packs an still working order...    ya never know if ya never giverago..

what colour did you go with mate??

il post up when mine arrives

mine must not be far away at all