Green river high carbon knife blanks

balltearer

Long been a fan of GR knives,no nonsense,no fuss knives. I have four well I lost my belt blade recently (1st pic)  and I am down to three sheep skinner patterns. Imo the best ever for skinning big deer. .Any####nway I was going to order several  blade blanks and was wondering if there are any "hands on" members that would scale and pin for me.

I have HEAPS of antlers to choose from for scales etc and would do a deal of " you do four and keep one " etc or I will give you a whole sambar ha ha

I supply and you finish....also have olive wood,bull-oak and red gum blocks  as in pics. They have been air dried and seasoned for five + years from memory.

First blade is a real all rounder for your hunting,the second knife is a very old GR S/skinner that`s done the job for so many years now. It was antler handled by a mate maybe 25 years ago and is a bit smooth now.

355260887_greenriverbeltblade.jpg.bbcec39f1d33221c252b4c0543672d4d.jpg

300930358_greenrivernpill.jpg.556c364039497aaa52b64bcf51b4c8e4.jpg

1252489086_scaleblocks3.jpg.d9ed427761882f8149d10f46534ec074.jpg

1721805164_scaleblocks2.jpg.aec2751086c72ecbcbf098486c563e98.jpg

2079425073_scaleblocks1.jpg.19127e9ed88f82b83364b1b90ec31a95.jpg

• Like 2

Balltearer, you have the materials so have a look at a few basic knife tutorials & Knick one up yourself.

It’s really not that hard & it will be so much more rewarding to use a knife you finished off yourself.

I have a few of these blade blanks waiting for when I have some free time.

Nah I just dont have the patience for that sort of stuff. I have looked at Knife suppliers for years and know I can get a full kit for the same blades for $5 extra . Assemble and bingo.

My input in the making is that I shot the deer that supplied the antlers,that is enough for lazy  me ha ha.

I reckon its pretty well shared out in my original post Pooey.

I supply the blades and you do the work for your own one  blah blah.

A fine kerf saw is needed along with some sort of elec sander/finisher. and drill blah blah.

Simple enough but a degree of patience and skill is still required.

I wasnt after any masterpieces,just  plain old butcher knives to do the deer job with.

PM coming.

I reckon its pretty well shared out in my original post Pooey.
I supply the blades and you do the work for your own one  blah blah.
A fine kerf saw is needed along with some sort of elec sander/finisher. and drill blah blah.
Simple enough but a degree of patience and skill is still required.
I wasnt after any masterpieces,just  plain old butcher knives to do the deer job with.
PM coming.

Dead right. It was explained quite well. I'm not set up at home to do that, I'm afraid. However, another post mentioned that you had researched suppliers who had kits that simply need to be assembled. I thought to give that a go.