Jump to content

Pants rant


Recommended Posts

If you are like me then you would be sick of the offerings of  hunting fleece pants (the best imo) for stalking,whether they be camo or greens of which I have both. They fail in that many dont have belt loops and most have pajama type cord drawstrings....erk erk erk!  POX POX POX!

 And often with no fly either.

I have a pair of camo  Ridgeline pants  with ZIPPER pockets and  an integral  webbing belt sewn in with click together fastener. It is the best method of keeping your pants up and I am waiting on manufacturers to start offering the same. The Ridgeline`s are not made anymore apparently and thats a pity as I would buy straight away.

On another rant I bought two Swazi fleece tops in a sell out deal direct from NZ..and don`t have one ing pocket of any sort between them...what a ing joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huntech out of New Zealand are what you're after. 

https://huntechoutdoors.com/product/transporter-pants-copy/

I have had a pair of these for 5 years. The zippers on the side pockets have buggered up now but the main zip in the front is a workhouse. If you feel that pants should have a button, zip and belt then these pants are proper grownups pants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seb said:

Huntech out of New Zealand are what you're after. 

https://huntechoutdoors.com/product/transporter-pants-copy/

I have had a pair of these for 5 years. The zippers on the side pockets have buggered up now but the main zip in the front is a workhouse. If you feel that pants should have a button, zip and belt then these pants are proper grownups pants.

I bought a HT box pack and was underwhelmed by the thinness of the fleece,the pants were too small so a mates kid got them and the rest of the stuff is  only adequate imo.

Dunno if they are the same as yours but the camo is the same colour/pattern  as them.

 

Those pants are $98 shipped to Aus.

Edited by balltearer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless you're walking thru spikey bush and swearing every three seconds

10 minutes ago, samburstalker said:

I normaly hunt in footy shorts, but if i need pockets, plumbers shorts are the bomb.  I still reckon skin is the least noisey material going around 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, balltearer said:

I bought a HT box pack and was underwhelmed by the thinness of the fleece,the pants were too small so a mates kid got them and the rest of the stuff is  only adequate imo.

Dunno if they are the same as yours but the camo is the same colour/pattern  as them.

 

Those pants are $98 shipped to Aus.

Yeah these are lightweight, quite breathable. They dry quick though. In winter I just wear them with thermals and all good. Swazi has some pants with the zip and belt but they are Swazi price too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Canguro said:

I currently just wear a pair of work cargo pants... Worth aiming for something quieter?

I'd say at this stage probably not. If you start getting in close on deer and then have one bust off cos your jeans or drill cotton pants catch on a branch and make a noise, then maybe

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Canguro said:

I currently just wear a pair of work cargo pants... Worth aiming for something quieter?

That hunters element deal that stubob put up would be hard to go past if you have the spare funds...  Add some blaze to it and it looks like a great fair weather kit for the price

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha, good post. Ive gone back to army issue style and picked up 3 sets of Multicam with extra material on the knees and butt, tough as nails and suits my needs, too many Joe Blake's for me to be galavanting round the bush wearing shorts.

First time I wore those new ridgeline sable air mesh style pants I've wandered through a nasty patch of some sort of spear grass seed and the air mesh was like a magnet for the buggars and they ended up turning into an echidna, I had no choice but to walk back through some pretty rough country in me jocks not to mention the fuel stop on the way home

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, samburstalker said:

I still reckon skin is the least noisey material going around 

The swearing going through the berries negates that,this time of year with the  slitherers out isnt much chop either.

7 hours ago, Seb said:

cos your jeans or drill cotton pants catch on a branch and make a noise,

 Any drill type material is indeed a scratchy  noisy  pita. I have shot or photographed deer  wearing just about every sort of strides material  but imo fleece is the best all rounder.

I have had mates come out from Europe  that wore  the best of the best and very expensive Euro hunting strides but they are ing terrible for our bush...keeps them warm and dry ....and  the deer away too.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, samburstalker said:

I normaly hunt in footy shorts, but if i need pockets, plumbers shorts are the bomb.  I still reckon skin is the least noisey material going around

I 2nd that notion, stoney creek or swazi shorts and if its a touch cold chuck the robin hoods on and your laughing

 

2 hours ago, balltearer said:

The swearing going through the berries negates that,this time of year with the  slitherers out isnt much chop either.

Shorts and gaiters is a good combo, ill be running snake proof gaiters from now on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SWIZ said:

I 2nd that notion, stoney creek or swazi shorts and if its a touch cold chuck the robin hoods on and your laughing

 

Shorts and gaiters is a good combo, ill be running snake proof gaiters from now on

The nice merino robin hoods do go on, if its bloody cold. Quick drying, warm, less wait, less water retention. Do the miles get the smiles

 

Wonder how many aboriginals got speared or boomerang'd while wearing kangeroo skin camo when group hunting native animals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, samburstalker said:

I normaly hunt in footy shorts, but if i need pockets, plumbers shorts are the bomb.  I still reckon skin is the least noisey material going around 

but if we are talking camo the skin is not much different to wearing white, especially your legs, ive seen those long bastards...  a bit white ol cob!!  :D


enjoying all the threads lately.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My favourite  fleece  pants.

I have had a think about it and reckon they are around  12 years old or more.

They are torn and full of holes and the fleece has worn thin but are still in use. I wore them today when I filmed that hind and the last two weeks before.

Note the waist cinch,best ever. Three zippers are all good too.

 

1822781818_ridgelinepants.jpg.4cb0c46e74e5e9c39533571020328113.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, balltearer said:

Note the waist cinch,best ever. Three zippers are all good too.

Found these in the cupboard, same waist cinch no zips, only two front pockets and a dry arse patch, swandri made, i think they came in a fleece pack

pants 2.jpg

pants1.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/10/2019 at 3:01 PM, balltearer said:

If you are like me then you would be sick of the offerings of  hunting fleece pants (the best imo) for stalking

I bought a pair of fleece pants for hunting and found them good, but they picked up every burr and grass seed within the region. Do you have that problem? Or maybe gaiters would stop that? The only issue I could see then is in wet weather, the fleece would get wet and channel the water down my legs and fill my boots. But maybe I haven't worn them under enough different hunting conditions?

Edited by Rifletuner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...