GPS Bargin

Gibbo 30.06

33 minutes ago, Onthemark said:

Please elaborate duncs.. I sense some emotion haha

Haha yeah a little. 

They're a great idea. Knowing where other hunters are is a terrific implementation of existing tech. 

BUT the location signals are sent out over UHF on the same channel that the UHF is set to. So all the non-Rhino users who are on the same channel get a squeal every now and then which pisses me off no end. 

Matty worked out how to minimise (or stop?) this I think but it doesn’t stop me having a whinge ;) 

• Like 2

It's legit ,as a mate bought one yesterday. Very good price. Don't know much about the 700 but I have the 650 and can't fault it. Great when you have a few hunters with the same units hunting same areas as you know where everyone is.
Yeah know what you mean Duncs, as when I am at vehicle and need to communicate with the boys in the field it does tend to squeal in Uhf to ute, seem to work when you play with the squelch adjustment to quite it down. Worth having one though. I don't think the stock will last long at that price.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I bought one last time they had a sale on. It was 2 for $500. Went halves with a mate. They are very basic but that’s what I like about them. If you just want to mark a point and get your way back to it they are perfect. Being able to see where other users are comes in handy if there are a couple of you out in the same spot. 

1 hour ago, balltearer said:

Ah! I remember the old glory days when no one needed a EFFN gps to find their way home.

Requirement of holding permission for state forests up here in the nanny state ?

On 30/10/2019 at 1:07 AM, ozrider81 said:

998a3bbccd3d9ee2d7229205ece571b9.jpg

Mine came today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come get lost in the gatta with me next year. You can guide us out in the dark

Edited by Seb