first binoculars

Quality glass is great and I'd love to justify it, but sometimes it's not $1000 better.
The last light argument,Legal shooting times are half hour before and after sunrise/set. Those are not the last few minutes of light. Mid priced/quality glass would get the job done.

Rifle scope and binos should have similar glass or you can see them in the binos and Jack sh#t when you look through your scope.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, huntsmart said:

The last light argument,Legal shooting times are half hour before and after sunrise/set. Those are not the last few minutes of light.

I  look at a lot of deer pre legal  and after legal shoot times,I `m not on my own and do so like lots of other hunters and use the best glass. Its very handy to know whats in the 'hood' even if you are not going to be shooting.

Those deer that appear before the hunter in last light have to have come from somewhere to get there and if they are doing that then the hunter anticipates and  moves further up their path next time for an ambush.  

There are no bad things to say about the top glass,none whatsoever...most quote a price and I can add that  we can  divide the end price with 30 years or more of loving and it works out to be sfa compared to the cheaper jobs that will fall by the wayside. $100 bucks a year to have the best? Pffftt!

Even 1/2 an hour before last light if the sun is  above the glassing background the top glass will still be able to peer into the bush,the cheaper stuff often 'flares' into uselessness. 

• Like 3