3/4 Sleeping mat

HDTV

Slept on one in the head of the  'dan river  25 years ago...for ten nights....never again. I  call them  Chihuahua mats.

Perhaps a couple of nights might be ok  instead of over a bed of bracken fronds.

Edited to add.

The more comfortable you are the better you sleep,the better you sleep the better you hunt,the better you hunt means you sleep better anyway.

Edited by balltearer
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, balltearer said:

Slept on one in the head of the  'dan river  25 years ago...for ten nights....never again. I  call them  Chihuahua mats.

Perhaps a couple of nights might be ok  instead of over a bed of bracken fronds.

Edited to add.

The more comfortable you are the better you sleep,the better you sleep the better you hunt,the better you hunt means you sleep better anyway.

Yep thats no doubt the bottom line there BT.

i dont know id like the 3/4 without giving it a go,   its all about a smaller over all package though,  the exped is 1.1kg  an rolls up accordingly,   some ofthese other ones im looking at are 400 grams or so, full length but a fair difference in price and weight depending on insulated, an of course i want insulate... 
lots of skeleton style ones now which claim the pocket loft aids the sleeping bag to fluff out an the down to work better than being squished up on a flat mat type..

its hard to stray from 9cm of luxury with -25 of protection from ground chill  Though    -   so asking around

thanks for the reply an opinion

1 hour ago, samburstalker said:

Sometimes I think my exped is a 3/4 mat. 

You be nuts down grading a sleeping bed. A bad nights sleep just magnifies any small issue you come across

i hear what your saying Sambarkiller but there is a happy medium here i have no doubt about that :)

its just working out which ones guna be comfy enough (thick enough?)  an all that jazz...     i dont really sleep on snow or freezing ground (yet) so dont see the point of -21 insulationg, but a good minus -10 would be good enough plus the bagsq  quality to keep ya warm.

which model exped is yours???  i have a LW...... ?

56 minutes ago, Yowi said:

Mate reckons klymit aren’t to bad around $200 < .  

eyes on klymit coincidently....  like the ozone.. looks a bit chilly tho...  insulated lightweight model looked the goods, few look good actually..

IF anyone else or yaself is keen on the klymit there is a bit of a bargain deal going down with 're furbished' mats,  essentially been sent back with a fault, fixed in the factory and got a certificate to say its as manufactured..   $60-80 aud...  with a import tax and a shipping fee....   still sub RRP by a bit

9 minutes ago, Yowi said:

Yeah can’t beat em at the price with a 4.6 rating be good down to -20.

do you think the rating will be that good?     (reason i ask is Exped is 6 R an rated to -20)
i see a coupleof them some what vented looking models they claim has the patent design But i notice alot of these guys are in desert arizona etc, which would have a cold floor no doubt, but not alpine alps cold... hmm

i have emailed them to see if i can do some dodgy with the import tax their end,  and direct paypal haha, so lets see.
otherwise il jump on one of those i think too mate

Edited by Dingo.375