Fresh Boots thread - best bang for buck?

8 hours ago, musty said:

I use my every day work boots. Steel Blue Argyle zip. 20 yrs in the building game and tried most brands. These are by far the most comfy and being on my feet often 10+ hrs a day, they always remain comfy. I wear them walking the forests for hours at a time with no issue. At around $170 I easily get a year out of a pair and only replace due to annual issue of new boots.

Steel blue.JPG

I like these too Musty, my every day wear, I did have an issue walking down hills in them though, toes pushing into the steel cap, maybe a second pair of socks might sort that out....

On 12/06/2020 at 6:03 PM, Burners said:

I like these too Musty, my every day wear, I did have an issue walking down hills in them though, toes pushing into the steel cap, maybe a second pair of socks might sort that out....

Maybe they are too loose? I know what you mean though. I place my feet sideways going down really steep embankments. I think because of the zip, its easy to forget about the laces. I cant remember the last time mine were unlaced and tied up tight to my foot. I guess the leather stretches over time. I also like the bon zip version. I cant fault them. Oh, and I believe they are Australian made ??

Hi

When do you intend to go to NZ as around the 3rd weekend of may which is after the duck season most of the big sellers like Hunting and Fishing and Gun City and even Smiths Sports have big sales with boots selling for around 1/2 price. The type of ground your walking also dictates the type of boot with high country hunting wanting a taller boot with a steel shank whereas a flat ground hunt I know most of NZ if a mountain but flatter ground you can go for a shorter boot without a steel shank you want the boot to flex as you walk.

Cheers